Ready or Not

This forum is to discuss any other games that don't have a separate forum
IrishRanger1

Ready or Not

Post by IrishRanger1 »

Picked this up having spoken to Laeknir about it, its basically Swat 5 in early access it definitely has potential and is already good slow paced tactical shooter. I know a few here have picked it up so reply below if you have so I know who to add so we can get a few games in.
Last edited by IrishRanger1 on Wed Dec 22, 2021 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gent

Re: Ready or Not

Post by Gent »

I have this and I am absolutely loving it
Deady

Post by Deady »

Definitely into this. I loved S.W.A.T. and "ready or not" is going to be great.... <3
Haarfagr

Post by Haarfagr »

I enjoy the little I've played so far too! Seems like it's in a much better state than with the PvP showcase they did earlier..
IrishRanger1

Post by IrishRanger1 »

Anyone that has it add me on steam, Steam ID: 76561198063967889
Blysk
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by Blysk »

I have it, probably the best game I have purchased this year
SaintJoe
Warrant Officer 2
Warrant Officer 2

Post by SaintJoe »

Bought the game just now, looks cool. May be up for trying it a bit later today
taak
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by taak »

Looks great, but I think I'll wait for a bit more content to be added.
IrishRanger1

Post by IrishRanger1 »

Since a good few of us have picked this up maybe we can get a channel set up in team speak for when people are playing?
Baxter

Post by Baxter »

Got it as well, very good game.
Tesla_Knight
Private
Private

Post by Tesla_Knight »

Hi,

Love this game and usually a Squad player, been playing on early access the last couple of days.

Please add me to any group for this please and I would love to play a few games with you guys.
Tesla_Knight
Private
Private

Post by Tesla_Knight »

Also could I suggest we name the group "Rusty or Not".... what you think?
Laeknir

Post by Laeknir »

IrishRanger1 wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 11:25 am Since a good few of us have picked this up maybe we can get a channel set up in team speak for when people are playing?
Teamspeak channel has been set up to play RoN
comradeCrocs
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by comradeCrocs »

I've seen some videos on YouTube of real life marines playing it and really liked it. After reading the post, I bought the game yesterday and spend around an hour on single player and loved it. It was quite fun even on single player until I got blasted by a trap :D I'm gonna keep the game and would love to play with you people! You can add me on Steam and feel free to hit me up :)
Steam ID: 76561198081066031
Discord: comradeCrocs#5011 (I usually answer quicker on Discord)
Doiver

Post by Doiver »

Just bought it as well, I'll try jump in if I see yous in the TS channel
Hunchback

Post by Hunchback »

I am really interested in this, but i wish it was a bit cheaper... :/
comradeCrocs
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by comradeCrocs »

Hunchback wrote:I am really interested in this, but i wish it was a bit cheaper... :/
I agree it's not cheap but after the release price will go higher. I don't know when that will be and I don't think it's anytime soon. Also I think game is quite good even though it's not a full release yet. It has a good variety in maps and missions IMO and it's even better when playing with friends. If you're really interested it may worth to buy it, I think it worth me to buy it. But keep in mind that game still needs developing before it's full release, AI still needs to be worked on and it can be a bit buggy sometimes.
Hunchback

Post by Hunchback »

comradeCrocs wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:08 pm I agree it's not cheap but after the release price will go higher. I don't know when that will be and I don't think it's anytime soon. Also I think game is quite good even though it's not a full release yet. It has a good variety in maps and missions IMO and it's even better when playing with friends. If you're really interested it may worth to buy it, I think it worth me to buy it. But keep in mind that game still needs developing before it's full release, AI still needs to be worked on and it can be a bit buggy sometimes.
I have ~2500h in Escape from Tarkov, so playing a brokenass buggy piece of shit, yet awesome, game is not new to me :P

One thing that's really keeping me back from Ready or Not is replayablity - Considering it's coop only, the variety that PvP brings to games like that is obviously gone. What have they done to make the game replayable, in the long term? If you have a couple of maps with a couple of objectives and only AI to deal with, won't it "get old" very fast?
comradeCrocs
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by comradeCrocs »

Hunchback wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:20 am I have ~2500h in Escape from Tarkov, so playing a brokenass buggy piece of shit, yet awesome, game is not new to me :P

One thing that's really keeping me back from Ready or Not is replayablity - Considering it's coop only, the variety that PvP brings to games like that is obviously gone. What have they done to make the game replayable, in the long term? If you have a couple of maps with a couple of objectives and only AI to deal with, won't it "get old" very fast?
I believe I understand your concern. I only played it around 20ish hours. Most of it was with other players but in single campaign you have 4 AI's with you (They are not the brightest but they can clear rooms well also it's nice to have someone carry extra items and quipment for you :D ) so it's not only coop. And if you're brave enough you can John Wick the entire mission by ordering AI to just stay somewhere else. But it's better to keep in mind that it's more fun -and I think easier- to play with others. I can't say anything much about the pvp part, if devs thinking about it. Also I still have an untouched map and another unfinished one. Plus I only played the in "raid" mode in one map and "barricaded suspects" on all. Other game modes include bomb diffuse, hostage rescue and 1-2 more(can't remember). So I believe I have much more time to finish all of them (I'd say 100hr but frankly idk, it's just a guess.). Also during each play task is same but AI spawns randomly so even though map is same there is always a element of surprise and you have to be careful throughout the mission so it adds to replayability. As conclusion I agree with long term replayability (I don't expect 2500hr but idk what is there to come after full release :) ) but I think it's replayable for some time and clearing rooms with friends while respecting Geneva Convention :wink: is quite fun and makes me want to play it again and again :) (PS: we could use extra flashes and door wedges :P )
DogBite
Captain
Captain

Post by DogBite »

I second what comradeCrocs said. In addition, to increase replayability you can look into mods. The modding scene has been kicking off lately including with maps and AI altering mods.
https://www.nexusmods.com/readyornot