Gigabyte 2080 gaming oc bios update

This forum provides an area for Drunken, lost or just generally confused subjects.
No talk about PC games.
Rules still apply though.
Gunshell

Gigabyte 2080 gaming oc bios update

Post by Gunshell »

So I’m having the pulsing issue with the fans on my 2080 where it’s too hot for fans to be off and too cold for them to be on so you get caught in between for a few seconds, now I know the popular workaround is a custom fan curve but there’s also a bios update out but I can’t get it working it doesn’t help that gigabytes instructions are in pigeon English at best but basically aorus engine auto update isn’t working so i have to do it manuall.

I downloaded the correct bios version (f13) and unzipped it, according to multiple sources it should be a case of clicking the exe file and restarting the computer and that’s it done... I can’t find the exe file at all and I didn’t want to start clicking random stuff incase I broke it so has anyone else had any similar issues with gigabyte gpu bios updates and if so do you have a solution? Thanks.
Gunshell

Re: Gigabyte 2080 gaming oc bios update

Post by Gunshell »

Looked into it if anyone else gets a similar issue i didnt have C++ 2008 installed and needed it