HELP MY PC FREEZES ON BOOT

This forum provides an area for Drunken, lost or just generally confused subjects.
No talk about PC games.
Rules still apply though.
Lucky_Lorenzato

HELP MY PC FREEZES ON BOOT

Post by Lucky_Lorenzato »

Help me please anyone, fresh build pc.
new mother board
new processor
new cooler
same graphics card and hard drive

for the new boot trying to boot off a usb then transfer to ssd (i was told to do this by a friend)
all the parts work but on boot up the pc freezes when selecting the language
getting really frustrated at this point cause all i wanna do is play games and this isnt helping

Motherboard MSI Z270-A pro
CPU I7-9700k
GPU 1070
RAM corsair vengeance rgb pro
xoF

Re: HELP MY PC FREEZES ON BOOT

Post by xoF »

I'm actually thinking that your motherboad doesn't support your processor.

Pretty sure intel 8th gen and 9th gen processors need 3xx series boards but I might be wrong
Trib_UK
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Trib_UK »

There's a way to check that. Go to pcpartpicker.com and put your motherboard in the build section, if your processor isn't on there then it's not supported.
S8SAssassin

Post by S8SAssassin »

Your MB doesn’t support 9th gen CPU’s. It go’s up to 7th gen. You want the MSI Z390’s.
Lucky_Lorenzato

Checked the compatibility of processor and mother board on both the msi website and pcpartpicker
S8SAssassin

Post by S8SAssassin »

Lucky_Lorenzato wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:29 am Checked the compatibility of processor and mother board on both the msi website and pcpartpicker
Are you sure this is the MB?

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/Z270-A-PRO.html

As it only supports 6/7th gen Cpus
xoF

Post by xoF »

It is the same socket (1151) which might show on pc configurators that it "works" but as Assassin wrote, you need newer mobo.
Also that mobo shows support for cpu on msi site up to 7700k.

It's just one of intel tricks to force people into buying new motherboards.

After looking thruu google, I've found that z270 is capable of running 8th/9th gen BUT you need to cover some pins on cpu and you need special version of bios which is way too complicated to even bother to install ( you cant install it in normal way)

Since it's new mobo just send it back and say that its not compatibile with your CPU.

I also do feel your pain and frustration since you bought new stuff and it doesnt work.
Mine new stuff also doesnt work and It's 2nd week without PC 😭
Lucky_Lorenzato

Correction the mother board is a z390 a pro, sorry about that
xoF

Post by xoF »

Lucky_Lorenzato wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:15 pm Correction the mother board is a z390 a pro, sorry about that
Well that changes.everything 🤗.

By the way what do you meant by :
"For the new boot trying to boot off a usb then transfer to ssd (i was told to do this by a friend)
all the parts work but on boot up the pc freezes when selecting the language "

You mean that you are trying to install new system on your ssd and it wont go past language select without crashing?

If yes, have you tried plugging ssd/hdd with system already installed? If yes and it still froze then It's weird

You could also check in BIOS ssd/hdd setting if its set to RAID then set it back to AHCI and see if it helps.

If it doesnt do anything even then, try launching your pc with single ram and see if that helps.

If even that doesnt help, then you could at last resort switch cpu to see if its either mobo or cpu fault.

If nothing helps then do a warranty