Sl 's that quit when things dont go there way.

HumpsterJ

Sl 's that quit when things dont go there way.

Post by HumpsterJ »

Anyone else get fed up with people taking an Sl role then when the match does not go the way they want they just quit, had it several times now. I have a couple of times been left as the default SL I am beginning to get the basics now however it's not a role I cherish.

I understand people can get connection breaks or rage quite but beginning to be to often to be a connection break.

HumpsterJ
Last edited by HumpsterJ on Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lexhy

Re: Sl 's that quite when things dont go there way.

Post by Lexhy »

quit*

anyway

I noticed this as well when I started playing Squad (about 5 years ago)
Hasn't changed a bit!

It's how the ball rolls am afraid, nothing to do but roll along
Piano_Fights
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Sl 's that quite when things dont go there way.

Post by Piano_Fights »

Its a shame. I like to think that we maintain a server where people are free to make mistakes (and thus learn) in whatever role they want. This includes SLing. But yea. Not a whole lot that can be done.
Monkey is out of the sleeve!
HumpsterJ

Re: Sl 's that quit when things dont go there way.

Post by HumpsterJ »

Spelling corrected, agree it's a shame.
Trixy
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Trixy »

In all honesty, Humpster, this has been going on since the game came out in 2015.

All you can do when this happens is:

1). Try to talk with the player and offer to help his/her SL'ing.

2). If they don't want to SL or leave, ask the squad if there is anyone else who would like to take the position.

3). If no one want's it, tell players in the squad to join another squad, and then leave to disband it.

There are many reasons players create squads and then leave. These are just a few...

*They did it by mistake, not knowing how the game is played

*They took SL to get the kit they want

*They are trolling

*Disconnection

Our jobs as RIP Admins is, mainly, to keep a cool head. Take a minute to find out why something occurred, and to deal with it accordingly. The reason I say this is because why a player did what they did may not be for the reason you think. It's always good to approach the player if you can, and ask what happened. If they are not available, maybe ask some of the other squad members.

Don't get too upset when SQl's fail. We have a mix of players on different levels of play time, so there's always going to be squads that fail for one reason or another.

Main thing is, have fun. Because when your not having fun, then it's called work, and work =stress=a bad time. And that's not what we're here for. :)
★Clan Mother★
btodac - free banana

Post by btodac - free banana »

I get a bit of a feel for which SLs are interested in enjoying the game and those who are asshats. Mostly the SLs are relaxed, polite and having a laugh. I leave an asshat squad as soon as possible, making my own squad if needed, and have much more fun. If you are indifferent about the squad leader role, you may end up being led by asshats...
Sgt.Blackbeard
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by Sgt.Blackbeard »

Yeah this is a big problem but its like not easy to fix i usally help when i can and if take sl role if sl leaves and not come back and try and win the game. we all gonna have a bad day just tell a joke and move on
★Recruitment Officer★
HumpsterJ

Post by HumpsterJ »

Is it possible to track ones that do it often?
CaZ
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by CaZ »

HumpsterJ wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:16 pm Is it possible to track ones that do it often?
I've never seen it a big enough issue having to warn / kick / ban and track players as it's nearly impossible to determine whether someone disconnects due to a crash / building on fire or having an emergency poop.

It happens and you deal with it. Either someone steps up as SL or your press 2 buttons and you join / create another squad. Simples.

The only time I've had to admin it was when an old RIP member with a bad temper did it intentionally frequently. And RIP members shouldn't abandon a squad midfight as it accounts for asset wasting imo.
Drazler

Post by Drazler »

Keep in mind that not every person that leaves from an SL has the same situation in terms of personal affairs.
The following is meant that the person isnt a troll or 'dead in the head stupid' or just 12 year old.

One might be just bone tired, wanting to game and either the faction SL's dont communicate/listen or the squad is being quite brainless.
As someone who quit during a game, either as SL or other, can say that there is a limit of BS that you can accept, be it logic defying 'i heatshotted him and it seemed to ricochet from his smooth cheekbone and he 180 towards me and nicked me in the head with a pistol at 200m range oneshot'.

People these days are prickly sometimes, work/covid/drama/depression/etc are what helps escelate it even more.

See it as a good thing they go off, means that they cant pull down the team and that the mood doesnt go violent.

Just ignore this specific issue and dont try to control it, you piss more people off then fix it.
Vocalizing the problem is more then alright, but its something we should to accept.