Looking to get a new stationary PC.

This forum provides an area for Drunken, lost or just generally confused subjects.
No talk about PC games.
Rules still apply though.
SirT83
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Looking to get a new stationary PC.

Post by SirT83 »

www.sharkgaming.no
Just found this one.. Might be one of the better options.
Quite similar to the one you provided where you can easily build what you want.
Makes me confused though. For example, many different rtx 3060 cards from different manufacturers, with a large difference in price. Does this meen that some 3060 cards are less good?
Same goes for power supply, Ram and storage. For a guy like me who have just got my head wrapped around the different models of cards it is hard to figure out what's what. Expensive allways better?
SirT83
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by SirT83 »

Built this for 1640$ or 10.100 Danish kroner.
Which to me seems very good, but I'm absolutely no expert.

AMD Ryzen 5 3600
AMD stock cooler
Asus Prime A520M-K

Gainward- Geeforce RTX 3060TI Ghost OC

Kingston Hyperx Fury 2x 8GB 3200Mhz RAM

Shark Gaming Blood pump 700w Bronze plus (88%) electricity supply

Shark 1TB NVME M.2 SSD

Realtek ALC887 8 channel HD Codec sound card
Plan B

Post by Plan B »

Change the motherboard to a B450 or a B550 (both preferably from MSI) The "A" series is low end for motherboards and doesn't have a lot of features, including overclocking. For longevity I'd definitely say get something better.

And I'm worried about that PSU, never seen it and it looks pretty cheap. Best recommendation here is Seasonic. And trust me, you'll want a good PSU.

To answer your previous comment: No, expensive not ALWAYS better, but generally, yes. The GPUs as an example, some brands are stupidly overpriced but have almost identical performance to the even cheapest versions of the cards, but they come with some bells and whistles, like RGB for example. Performance wise the brand doesn't matter too much, it's mostly other stuff you want to look at, like warranty or customer support.

Theres more, but I'm strapped on time so I'll let Void and Meizner answer it further :P
SirT83
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by SirT83 »

Plan B wrote: โ†‘Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:41 am Change the motherboard to a B450 or a B550 (both preferably from MSI) The "A" series is low end for motherboards and doesn't have a lot of features, including overclocking. For longevity I'd definitely say get something better.

And I'm worried about that PSU, never seen it and it looks pretty cheap. Best recommendation here is Seasonic. And trust me, you'll want a good PSU.

To answer your previous comment: No, expensive not ALWAYS better, but generally, yes. The GPUs as an example, some brands are stupidly overpriced but have almost identical performance to the even cheapest versions of the cards, but they come with some bells and whistles, like RGB for example. Performance wise the brand doesn't matter too much, it's mostly other stuff you want to look at, like warranty or customer support.

Theres more, but I'm strapped on time so I'll let Void and Meizner answer it further :P
Changed the motherboard to a B-550 and upgraded the PSU to a Nzxt 90+ Gold E850, which was recommended on some other forums and computer review pages.

Then I went ahead and ordered. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜Ž
Thanks for the help fellas.
VoidProxy

Post by VoidProxy »

Nice dude! Now its waiting time.... the hardest part.
Meizner

Post by Meizner »

Congratz on the new computer mate, great choice!