Anyone who has VR?

This forum is to discuss any other games that don't have a separate forum
VoidProxy

Anyone who has VR?

Post by VoidProxy »

So hopefully soon I will be receiving my Valve Index and this will be my very first experience with VR, I mean owning one at all. I have tried once a Vive but nothing else.

So I have a few questions.

What has been your experience?
What games do you def recommend?
What Utilities do you def recommend?
Care to add anything else?

Just pure out of interest :D
Starkey

Re: Anyone who has VR?

Post by Starkey »

I've had my Oculus rift s for about 2 months now so I'm still a newbie with it.

My experience has been good, I felt a little motion sickness the first few times but I seemed to get over it after a while.
I also find it a little blurry from time to time, probs just me.

Games - Boneworks has incredible physics compared to most other games and the weapon handling on it is superb but its story mode is lacking and a little confusing.

Medal of honour is like being thrown back in time to the first ps2 medal of honours and call of duty 2 etc but your actually there so i found this amazing, multiplayer isnt too bad either.

Creed - not a bad boxing game. if you can get it on sale and like boxing and the rocky films i would.

and finally onward - not long brought it gun play seems good but cant comment too much as not played alot.

hope you enjoy it.
VoidProxy

Post by VoidProxy »

Starkey wrote:I've had my Oculus rift s for about 2 months now so I'm still a newbie with it.

My experience has been good, I felt a little motion sickness the first few times but I seemed to get over it after a while.
I also find it a little blurry from time to time, probs just me.

Games - Boneworks has incredible physics compared to most other games and the weapon handling on it is superb but its story mode is lacking and a little confusing.

Medal of honour is like being thrown back in time to the first ps2 medal of honours and call of duty 2 etc but your actually there so i found this amazing, multiplayer isnt too bad either.

Creed - not a bad boxing game. if you can get it on sale and like boxing and the rocky films i would.

and finally onward - not long brought it gun play seems good but cant comment too much as not played alot.

hope you enjoy it.
Ohhh yeah those sound interesting! Only one I knew was Boneworks, I'll check em out! Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Haarfagr

Post by Haarfagr »

Will post a list of recommended games later.

One I will say is take your time setting things up properly, to avoid issues with tracking etc.

And when you get it and start using it, follow your body. Do short sessions. Feel nauseous? Take a break for a few hours. Start with teleport movement(or similar) until smooth movement is easier. Everybody reacts differently to vr, so just follow the signs your body is giving you.

Took me about a week of trying it out in short sessions until I was good. Now I can do anything and it doesn't affect me it at all.
VoidProxy

Post by VoidProxy »

Haarfagr wrote: ↑Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:09 pm Will post a list of recommended games later.

One I will say is take your time setting things up properly, to avoid issues with tracking etc.

And when you get it and start using it, follow your body. Do short sessions. Feel nauseous? Take a break for a few hours. Start with teleport movement(or similar) until smooth movement is easier. Everybody reacts differently to vr, so just follow the signs your body is giving you.

Took me about a week of trying it out in short sessions until I was good. Now I can do anything and it doesn't affect me it at all.
Thanks for the great advice! Luckily i'm not easily pestered by motion sickness for example but I'm sure this will be something I need to get used to and shouldn't no-life it instantly.
Haarfagr

Post by Haarfagr »

VoidProxy wrote: ↑Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:20 pm Thanks for the great advice! Luckily i'm not easily pestered by motion sickness for example but I'm sure this will be something I need to get used to and shouldn't no-life it instantly.
I mean, if you can jump right in and stay there for hours right away, then go for it. Just make sure you, as I said, follow the signs your body gives you! 😁
Haarfagr

Post by Haarfagr »

List of recommended VR games:

Onward
Contractors
Climbey (especially great with friends)
Blade and Sorcery
A fisherman's tale
Form
Hot dogs, horseshoes and handgrenades
Iron Wolf (best with friends)
Moss
Pistol Whip (John Wick simulator, so much fun)
Superhot VR (This game is perfect for vr)
Transpose (super cool puzzle game)
Until you fall
Boneworks
VoidProxy

Post by VoidProxy »

These are the ones I bought, including Beat Saber which is not on the screenshot!

Edit: but i'll for sure keep those other ones in mind when I decide to buy new ones but I think I'll have a great time with these ones first...
Anders

Post by Anders »

I will also suggest:
-Creed: rise to glory (I've already challenged you. It's great fun)
-pokerstars vr
-windlands 1 and 2
-duck season
-drunkn barfight (care for your surroundings with this one)
-rec room (though a lot of kids play this)

And some games that I think looks cool, but have never played properly due to lack of vr players
- sportsbar
-battle dome
-vr battle grid
-startreck Bridge crew
-sairento vr

Got steering wheel?
-AC
-ACC
-live for speed
-ETS2
-dirt rally 1 and 2.0
Well most racing games tbh lol
Anders

Post by Anders »

Starkey wrote: ↑Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:50 pm Creed - not a bad boxing game. if you can get it on sale and like boxing and the rocky films i would.

https://rustyinplaces.org/forums/212/38038

Fight me :angry-boxing: