Flying Helo with 32:9....

SirT83
Sergeant
Sergeant

Flying Helo with 32:9....

Post by SirT83 »

Well, the subject kind of say it all (at least for those who are playing on a 32:9)

Ive been trying to practice and get good at being a pilot, which i find nearly impossible with my super ultra wide screen. The FOV is so waaay off that i cant see any of my instruments.

So here i am looking for anyone with the same problem who might have a quick fix for it, if there is one.
The same applies basically for every vehicle in game. It is way to zoomed in and makes it difficult to handle it properly. But nothing is as bad as flying due to having to rely on my instruments more in them.

Any tips? Except for "Stop flying!" :D
falcon.3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Re: Flying Helo with 32:9....

Post by falcon.3 »

Have you considered driving logi trucks?
Haarfagr

Post by Haarfagr »

Squad doesn't have proper ultra wide support, especially not 32:9. I tried Squad on my Samsung G9 before I mounted it on my simrig, and it was not good. So I honestly suggest running Squad in 16:9 in the middle and use the sides for other programs.

I think ultra wide support was on their roadmap, but knowing OWI it'll never come or if it does, it'll be in 5 years :)
SirT83
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by SirT83 »

falcon.3 wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 8:37 pm Have you considered driving logi trucks?
I have and I do. ;)

However Logis dont fly, not to my knowledge anyway, but i am maybe doing the logi thing wrong... :D

I dont mind the 32:9 doing inf, but vehicles is a mess.

Haarfagr, what sim racing game you playing? Im in a sim league on ACC.
Haarfagr

Post by Haarfagr »

SirT83 wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 8:05 am I have and I do. ;)

However Logis dont fly, not to my knowledge anyway, but i am maybe doing the logi thing wrong... :D

I dont mind the 32:9 doing inf, but vehicles is a mess.

Haarfagr, what sim racing game you playing? Im in a sim league on ACC.
ACC :D We have a [RIP] Racing Club Discord. We've hosted races almost every sunday for over a year. Starting a GT4 championship soon if you want to join us!

Invite link -> https://discord.gg/DHHJyGtGVp
smoothlegs

Post by smoothlegs »

I have a 21:9 monitor and play 16:9 for exactly this reason. To be honest 21:9 isn't too bad, the FOV is still zoomed in slightly, but you can at least see your collective. The only solution is as Haar suggested, drop the resolution and play with blackbars until they implement proper ultrawide support, which might be never unfortunately :(