BF2042

This forum is to discuss any other games that don't have a separate forum
kurgen
Colonel
Colonel

BF2042

Post by kurgen »

this game is a complete mess, I thought EA had learnt from BF1 and BFV, but no its just the same crap reskinned. Caspian border on BF4 looks graphically better and plays better. Im not going into a detailed rant. played 15 hours on it and im done. its just not fun. I applied for refund on steam and got rejected twice. So raises a support ticket instead quoting UK distance selling law now applies to games, so your 2 hour play time isnt relevent , its still 14 days (i guess if you took the pee and completed a game that would be differnt) and they refunded this morning.

I will come back later if they sort it. but BF4 is so much better than this tripe.
Zodika
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Re: BF2042

Post by Zodika »

I havent gotten to play the game yet, as apparently i havent preordered the correct version xD

But with all these bad reviews, im seriously thinking about refunding it, even before playing it :S
Bowie

Post by Bowie »

On the other hand Halo is a lot of fun.
Trixy
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Trixy »

Thanks for letting us know kurgen. I was thinking about getting this, thinking it would be a good new RIP game. Your post has changed my mind. Thanks :)
★Clan Mother★
kurgen
Colonel
Colonel

Post by kurgen »

Trixy wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:41 pm Thanks for letting us know kurgen. I was thinking about getting this, thinking it would be a good new RIP game. Your post has changed my mind. Thanks :)

I think the best way to try it is to get the EA pass for a month and make your own decision. To me its not Battlefield.

I loved BF1942, BF Vietnam,BF2, BF3, Bad company 2, BF4.. the rest are garbage. Not to mention all the mods for BF1942 and BF2.
SaintJoe
Warrant Officer 2
Warrant Officer 2

Post by SaintJoe »

Yeah I agree and I could go on a similar rant but you can just go to different threads to see what's up with this game. I have EA Play so doesn't really matter but a game that was "ahead of schedule" at the beginning of the year, it has a lot of elements that are missing just for a basic multiplayer experience.
Deady

Post by Deady »

I believe they will fix it. They had the same mess with BF4 release...

After about a year, BF2042 will be playable, I'm sure. And I'm also sure it's going to be fun once it's fixed! :)
Trixy
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Trixy »

kurgen wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:50 pm I think the best way to try it is to get the EA pass for a month and make your own decision. To me its not Battlefield.

I loved BF1942, BF Vietnam,BF2, BF3, Bad company 2, BF4.. the rest are garbage. Not to mention all the mods for BF1942 and BF2.
Not gunna botha. If it's not a solid game for a RIP experience, then fook fak fik it.

Not worth cash or time..
★Clan Mother★
Jupiter Brown

Post by Jupiter Brown »

I think they're also giving 10 hours free playing battlefield 2042 if you've got XBox pass. I did play a little on the beta, but wasn't enjoying it, but haven't committed to downloading and trying it out the full release.

Thanks for the review, I'm sure they'll work on it for a year before it's brought up to standard, but it feels like that's the same old story for all Triple A games.
GrumpyFox

Post by GrumpyFox »

Deady wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:26 pm I believe they will fix it. They had the same mess with BF4 release...

After about a year, BF2042 will be playable, I'm sure. And I'm also sure it's going to be fun once it's fixed! :)
The thing is...

It's studio with humongous amount of experience. Yes, it took them around year to fix BF4 which is just meme for 60$ game that isn't anywhere close to Early Access

If BF2042 will be fixed in a year I want at least 50% discount on premiere from 60$ to at least 30$ to play buggy poop and once it all is fixed and dandy they can go back to 60$ price.

All these game companies these days release products in states that could be called close to Alpha builds with their stability/performance/issues and demand full price.

I had hopes but once I've read it's only 10H trial I said nope. I ain't buying premium service for month just to get ability to play for 10H which is scam to test out game and then pay 60$.

Also all latest Battlefields were how to put it... POOP? Hope it's right word, poop that was focused on "optional DLC" that had literally BEST weapons and other crap that broke game balance. I'm sure it will be same here

Just what is going on with gaming industry these days... I still remember game releases 10-20 years ago, it ain't like they didn't have issues but these were fixed fast. Now it's just all about to push unfinished/buggy product and hope for the best (Cyberpunk, New World, BF2042 and a lot more which I could put on the list)

I think that these days it's just better to own Nitendo :lol: or play some small indie games that's out of early access
mti_

Post by mti_ »

I can understand the frustration, I feel a lot of that myself. Played every Battlefield (expect Hardline, does that even count?), even 1 and 5 for a significant amount of time (over 200 and 100 hours respectively) so I clearly love the franchise/gameplay even if most of the community is spewing negativity.
This means I feel like I can talk with some confidence about the issues that 2042 has. I could go into a detailed analysis but I don't think this is the right platform for it.
Let me just say that if you wish to wait for the game to be in a better state then you really should, every single Battlefield has been rough in, at least, the first 2 weeks. I am not sure where this idea comes from that BF4 needed a year to "get good" because that is absolutely not congruent with my experience.
So far, in the first week after launch, they have released 2 patches and done major rebalancing that they can do server side, without a patch. For example only yesterday the Breakthrough attacker's tickets were raised from 500 to 600, the tickets gained by cap doubled from 150 to 300, the defenders vehicular arsenal was nerfed on a per map and stage basis, defenders spawn time was doubled and more. This shows that they are clearly trying to work on it and it did improve the Breakthrough game mode significantly.
The Hazard Zone game mode might well be new and exciting for people who have not played Hunt or Tarki before and I can not tell you how great it feels to be back on Arica Harbor playing a round of Rush in the Portal mode.
I think they have the ingredients ready that can be put together to make a good, even great game but it will take them some time.
Let us not slam every major title on release, decide we want to dislike it because it is not exactly what we wanted initially and then complain that there are no games to play.
Having played this with a group of friends that have been with me since BFBC2 I am still having fun. Unless they offer a 64 player, more infantry focused Rush/Breakthrough mode soon I will likely lose interest for the time being but to me if I have played a game for over 100 hours that is a win.
Now, everyone is looking for different value propositions but let me leave you with this: Afaik you can get EA Play (basic) with your XBOX game pass which is awesome value in itself and play 10 hours (not 100% on that). You can get EA Play Pro which is 15€/m and play unlimited for a month.
That to me does not sound like a rip off but a good way to gather a group of friends and run some people over in a hovercraft.
GrumpyFox

Post by GrumpyFox »

I'll just leave this here. Guess Microsoft knew when to release Halo :-)