YouTuber visits a Squad map!

Mired

YouTuber visits a Squad map!

Post by Mired »

Hi all,

I hope everyone is doing well.

I rarely make forum posts, however, I felt this was interesting and certainly relevant enough to warrant one.

There is a YouTuber who I frequently watch who goes by the name of "bald and bankrupt". He is an Englishman who speaks fluent Russian and travels around the world (but mostly to ex Soviet Union/USSR countries) showcasing the more niche places of these countries and giving the historical background on them. He has a very old school YouTube vibe about him (just a guy with a camera). He isn't afraid of anyone or anything and regularly speaks to the locals wherever he is. Often these locals have interesting stories to share or very different outlooks on life. He is a free spirit and often has no definitive plan and often gets stranded in places waiting for fate to help him get back home.

Today he has uploaded a video where he visits Narva, Estonia. For some people reading this that might ring a bell. That would be because Narva is not only a place in Estonia, but also a map in Squad!

The link for the map can be found here: https://squad.gamepedia.com/Narva

Unfortunately he doesn't spend much time in Narva, however, he does go and visit the castle that lies on the border between Estonia and Russia.

Here is a link to the video:

Kind regards,

Mired.
Trixy
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Re: YouTuber visits a Squad map!

Post by Trixy »

So cool Mired! I have saved 'Bald's' channel for future views. Thanks for posting this! :clap:
★Clan Mother★
Haarfagr

Post by Haarfagr »

Added to the watch list!
Aquila1
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by Aquila1 »

Haarfagr wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:45 pm Added to the watch list!

Me 2 :thumbup:
Cedric_Drip_Respekter

Post by Cedric_Drip_Respekter »

He's in Narva at 14:30 if anyone wanted to skip to it.
Linus Mudrocket

Post by Linus Mudrocket »

NAAAAARVAAAA

I hate Narva.
ArcticWombat

Post by ArcticWombat »

Hahahaha I watched this video earlier today (Bald and Bankrupt is my favourite youtuber and I have seen literally every single one of his videos). I'm so glad that it isn't just me who watches them.

I actually somehow completely missed the reference to the Squad map, but I was thinking Narva sounded awfully familiar.

Anyway, I hope we can chat about Soviet Sinks and Babushkas on teamspeak when we are next both on, I didn't know you were such a fan.

Spasibo, Dasvidaniya.
KyleSB

Post by KyleSB »

Ah yeah, Ive watched this guy for a while now. His videos are really interesting. I remember one time, him and some girl he was travelling with smuggled a homeless kitten out of Cuba :)

Another time he trecked for miles in the Russian wilderness and came across a village with about 5 people in it and met an old woman. He later came back in another video, brought her a bag of groceries and she was elated.

He also loves to get drunk with random Russian madheads.
9Fox

Post by 9Fox »

Interesting video to view, Mired!

Thanks for posting :D
ArcticWombat

Post by ArcticWombat »

Yo Mired. Have you seen he has a second channel called 'Daily Bald'

I'm sure you will enjoy his adventures to the beautiful rock of Tondi and the very much open Lighthouse of Paldiski
Pregnant TB

Post by Pregnant TB »

Do you think he checked the bridge for mines before he went to the castle?