Change server 3 to MEA 24/7

Hellstorm901
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Change server 3 to MEA 24/7

Post by Hellstorm901 »

For 1.0 we are operating 2 Fallujah servers which is great but it seems some people are already a little sick of the new map so I wondered why not convert one of the extra servers to instead be maps/layers with MEA on them so that we operate a server where people can play 24/7 MEA for a period of time rather than just running two extra servers doing the same thing
wintski
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Re: Change server 3 to MEA 24/7

Post by wintski »

Its is possible to amend the rotations, the Game commanders will review the situation/feedback and act accordingly.
BearBison
Clan Founder
Clan Founder

Post by BearBison »

For once, the answer will be NO as I need them to run the same map as need to monitor hardware as they are running on two distinct different sets and only one will be staying.
Piano_Fights
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Piano_Fights »

Hi Hellstorm!

We would like to run 2 additional servers doing the same thing for some time for hardware related testing. If we see that server 3 is dying out but demand is there we will change the rotation to something else. That could might your suggestion or skirmish mams only or whatever (also based on the feedback I read on threadslike these).

But for now, as long as every server is populated during peak hours we are trying to stick with a rotation for a minimum of 7 days.
Monkey is out of the sleeve!
Plan B

Post by Plan B »

Once the testing has been concluded i fully support Hellstorms idea! Fallujah is an amazing map, but variety is better ^^
mti_

Post by mti_ »

Haha G3 goes POP POP.

+1 For MEA rotation once testing has been concluded.
Plan B

Post by Plan B »

Now that we have upgraded servers, are the tests over? Maybe a good time to change to MEA only rotation now ^^
Planetgong
Captain
Captain

Post by Planetgong »

Seeing, that there are no admins on the server now around 19.00 utc, i doubt we're holding the licence long enough to change the server.

Plan B

Post by Plan B »

Maybe because people have gotten sick of Fallujah only? More people would be on that server with different maps.
Planetgong
Captain
Captain

Post by Planetgong »

Obviously not, as the server is packed with people. Just no admins.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
VoidProxy

Post by VoidProxy »

I think B means that us RIP's are pretty much done with Fallujah only... That if it's an MEA only rotation that some rips will return
Planetgong
Captain
Captain

Post by Planetgong »

VoidProxy wrote:I think B means that us RIP's are pretty much done with Fallujah only... That if it's an MEA only rotation that some rips will return
For how long? Two weeks again? And then people get bored again and play only on server 1 with their friends?
The question is: do we have enough interest to admin 2 servers?
DogBite
Captain
Captain

Post by DogBite »

I dont mind making a MEA rotation but how long till everyone is bored with that as well.
We have been on the road before with server #2 so i am a bit skeptical to go through the "lets try this and that" phase again.
DogBite
Captain
Captain

Post by DogBite »

Server #2 is now running an MEA only rotation.