3 Years of work, RIP in History

This forum provides an area for Images & Videos from [RIP].
Lexhy

3 Years of work, RIP in History

Post by Lexhy »

Hello all Ripperonies.

I've decided to compile my favorite videos I've made with RIP over the years, it's become quite the collection. A lot of new guys have joined since the start of my video production. I thought it nifty to repost the good ones in one thread.

It is a lot, so this thread is gonna be a
loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong one.
I apologize in advance.

I am gonna stack them to respective games and such, but I do recommend a quick watch for all. I always did put the best bits in the start of the videos, quality going down the drain as the video hits its end.

For some it might be nostalgia, for some it can confirm that RIP has always been quite the silly bunch.

let us start with

My entry ticket to RIP

This is probably the most edited beginning of a video I've ever made, notice the prefect french accent. Rickie being not so useful to his Squad Leader in times of needs.

this was the first one I added texting, unfortunately AEjarl thicc accent was beyond my comprehension.
Also, being revived usually have a nasty aftereffect getting blown up immediately afterwards

This one teaches you to not trust any RIP member to drive your vehicle, also Levi is quite the intimate medic when he plays

This is one of my better improv on my singing. I usually spend my time dead in-game fiddling with some sort of instrument. Baby_James was very proud at the time, having his crate model added to the game, no loot unfortunately + free weekend

An amazing Squad bringing their own musical touch to the coms, for an excellent start of a round.

I got a bunch of new instruments for christmas, I gladly used them to motivate the men. I also finished the template for the RIP intro, to be used for many of my videos in future.

More of the regular nonsense. Classic comedy humor and a strong tendency to give much editing time to the intro's.. and less towards the end of the video

The most recent modded Squad event I was apart of, Service guarantees citizenship! We were slaughtered at the end, bugs are evil I tell you!

I think this was one of the first modded events we had in Squad, Zombie mod for Halloween, it was a blast and the company was equally good and distressed!

While I still played Squad on the regular, i was also suggested by Trixy to join the new media team. We made some small projects, video intro's and such.

Got eventually approached by the Squad Academy to make a series of tutorial videos. A day of filming, more bloopers than a sitcom gets in 5 seasons, a lot of laughs. Finally we were able to produce something.

It was unfortunately only one video made, but it is too much of a serious tone for me to add here. This is comedy only, BUT...

I always love to add comedic value when I can, so I was able to make a fun intro and outro for the Academy videos. Both showed below!

Less learning, more swearing

With the outro of Squad Academy, we see how to perform advancing 180 degree from the enemy

Stepping up

When I played Squad, I never played matches. I belonged to the TA platoon, for me RIP was the public gameplay.

After playing on our servers and basking in the fruits of sweet strawberry, I thought it was time to give something back to the clan.

It begins a long string of getting Iron Guards open for buisniess, I had a blast playing the game and I still have my best memories of RIP in Iron Guards. Not as many videos as Squad, but I did not have the same amount of time editing.

Still, the videos came out good. I hope you enjoy

My first true RIP video for Post Scriptum, it was still before the Beta days, a lot of odd glitches were had

One of my favorites when it comes to PS videos I've made. Not long after the game launched on steam, so still very broken and buggy to make good content for goofy videos

More clips from cult classic movies, at this point I had become to lazy to do subtitles for every video. It takes a long time to dooooo!
I also start my fondness of using accordion music a lot in my vidoes.

This intro was a long production! still accordion music and general bad luck and laughs in this one

theOddGentleman made this intro for me, much thanks! it's a compilation of other videos, but I always wanted to make a quick year in review for PS.

A new chapter

After a lot of the members left the ARMA platoon, a big decision was made. Will it disappear, or will it continue?

Thanks to the initiative of CL/CF, Dima and Mad, ARMA started a new chapter anew. Bringing a more causal and friendly tone to the whole ARMA platoon

I had my best time in ARMA when we launched the antistasi server

Good luck and keep that platoon going!

When we first launched the new chapter for ARMA platoon we started with antisatsi, this is the footage of the first 2 days. It was a blast!

A space Odyssey

I've taken part of a couple Star Citizen events in RIP. Its a game in development and much more complex than the other games our platoons are playing

It will be a great game for RIP when it has had it's time in the oven, still members are able to get internals going from time to time.

Due to not having much time, I only managed to edit and publish one video from those events

Who knows what the future holds?

This is the first Star Citizen event I took part of. Organizing this took a looooong time. I think we spent just hours waiting and trying to form firefights that lasted 5 minutes :D You need a lot of patience for this one, I myself start going mad at the mid point of the video

SONGS

These are songs I recorded for RIP. One hasn't been published at all

I thought it would be a nice way to end this post. I am never gonna say am the best at composing, or have a fantastic singing voice.

Still, you sometimes need to feel embarrassed, so why not?

This one was a start of a video project collaborating with Hollen. He sent me lyrics for a background track. This was the first time I played, so you hear me struggling getting the lyrics to fit the melody, unfortunately it was set on Hiatus, but I still have the video I sent to Hollen

At a time moral was at an all time low, after a long losing streak and a lot of frustration within the clan, I sat down to make a song to rectify the mood. Some of the references can be a bit obscure for some, but if you get em all then +1 star for you!

I stopped having time to do the general performance prematch when I started as PL, but this is one match before that time and I spent it well to motivate the troops

That concludes this post. I hope you enjoyed some of the videos :thumbup:
Wilhem
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Re: 3 Years of work, RIP in History

Post by Wilhem »

That shoot with tank in 2nd PS video is probably best thing after Jet swap video :D Awesome work Lexhy.
★PL Gunner's Gladiators★SRO★
Piano_Fights
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Piano_Fights »

The opening of Post Scriptum - Bugs, Memes makes the dream made me crack up so hard hahaha.
Monkey is out of the sleeve!
wintski
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Post by wintski »

Amazing Lexhy mate, bang on..... for fun, all for fun.
Azp3n

Post by Azp3n »

Nostalgic with the old Squad movies. Disappointed you didnt catch any of my rages, but still good ;)
Piano_Fights
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Piano_Fights »

Im pretty sure the memories are still very vivid and you succeeded in giving some members a type of shell shock. Thrust me.. they are missed! :D
Monkey is out of the sleeve!