Steam spring sale..

Lee77uk

Steam spring sale..

Post by Lee77uk »

So I’m thinking of giving Arma 3 a try.. looks fun and its on sale on steam at the moment.

Just wondering if I should go for apex 3 edition, or just get the standalone and add a few dlcs separately?.. if so which should I get in order to join in with you lot?

madfknmax

Re: Steam spring sale..

Post by madfknmax »

You don't really NEED a DLC. They just come in handy from time to time. Arma has a nice DLC policy where you can play with us even if you don't have the content.
I'd suggest getting APEX however... It's a good DLC (and you need it to play on Tanoa)! :P
CaZ
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by CaZ »

When I jumped on TS the other day I was told I needed the Arma dlc to play with you all.
Haarfagr

Post by Haarfagr »

Not true at all. In the beginning, when we played Tanoa, you needed it. Now we play on the standard map, Altis, and for the Insurgency game mode we're gonna play a modded map. So NO NEED for any DLCs currently, just the main game.
CaZ
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by CaZ »

Haarfagr wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:24 pm Not true at all. In the beginning, when we played Tanoa, you needed it.
Nice truthception there haar. :P :angry-banghead:
Haarfagr

Post by Haarfagr »

Well, you said you jumped on TS the other day? It's been 3 weeks at least since we played Tanoa.. :P
CaZ
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by CaZ »

ah has it been 3weeks already. Almost true then :P
BearBison
Clan Founder
Clan Founder

Post by BearBison »

The minimum to buy is always APEX and possibly Contact as that way you can play on all maps
Lee77uk

Post by Lee77uk »

okay so I just went for the Apex edition..