Bigger Boys

Bowie

Bigger Boys

Post by Bowie »

Hiya any Arma players.
I've recently got the bug for Arma again but even though I have 322hrs (mainly playing invade and annex) I feel intimidated to join a game as the bigger boys scare me.
I know the Arma guys don''t really know me so just to let you know I'm bad at all games, I struggle to speak sometimes and almost never make any sense. I try but I'm just a bit shit.
If anyone has the patience of a saint and the time to have a hour or two running a mission or two or anything and helping me out with relearning the plethora of controls, I would be indebted to you for life and love you long time.

Thanks for your time and I hope to get some games soon
Bowie x
Randy Andy

Re: Bigger Boys

Post by Randy Andy »

You will fit in then.

20:00 hrs ZULU Friday
Trixy
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Trixy »

Bowie wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:12 pm Hiya any Arma players.
I've recently got the bug for Arma again but even though I have 322hrs (mainly playing invade and annex) I feel intimidated to join a game as the bigger boys scare me.
I know the Arma guys don''t really know me so just to let you know I'm bad at all games, I struggle to speak sometimes and almost never make any sense. I try but I'm just a bit shit.
If anyone has the patience of a saint and the time to have a hour or two running a mission or two or anything and helping me out with relearning the plethora of controls, I would be indebted to you for life and love you long time.

Bowie x

Honestly, I too was intimidated the first time I landed in a squad with the Big Boys. Being the shite player that I am on ANY game, on my first deployment, I:

1. Couldn't find the boat launch area
2. Found the area, but couldn't get in the boat
3. Once I got in the boat, I realized it was the WRONG boat
4. Got transported to an island far away from my squad
5. Got yelled at for being a doofus
6 Was kindly allowed to respawn at proper squad base.
7. Things went pretty good after that, but...
8 Was caught AFK after 35 minutes while we were staking out a supposed enemy base
9 (In my defense, I was grabbing a beer/taking a piss and letting my dog out)
10. When I came back to my PC, my unit had moved forward
11. I didn't know what to do but look around for them.
12. I found my squad 15 minutes later and had a great time taking over the base.

So all in all, it was good!
★Clan Mother★
wintski
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Post by wintski »

Ignore Bowie, great Squad player will fit in when he has learnt the controls....good luck Bowie...with Babylon that is :lol:
wolfhound

Post by wolfhound »

See you on the field! WELCOME.
BlueDragon

Post by BlueDragon »

We let Bleak play with us, so no worries there :thumbup:

On serious note, bottom line is

Arma inside RIP is NOT about skill, its about approach to game.
Its about general RIP ethos. Casual but serious, serious but fun having.

See you tonight
Randy Andy

Post by Randy Andy »

Trixy wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:05 pm Honestly, I too was intimidated the first time I landed in a squad with the Big Boys. Being the shite player that I am on ANY game, on my first deployment, I:

1. Couldn't find the boat launch area
2. Found the area, but couldn't get in the boat
3. Once I got in the boat, I realized it was the WRONG boat
4. Got transported to an island far away from my squad
5. Got yelled at for being a doofus
6 Was kindly allowed to respawn at proper squad base.
7. Things went pretty good after that, but...
8 Was caught AFK after 35 minutes while we were staking out a supposed enemy base
9 (In my defense, I was grabbing a beer/taking a piss and letting my dog out)
10. When I came back to my PC, my unit had moved forward
11. I didn't know what to do but look around for them.
12. I found my squad 15 minutes later and had a great time taking over the base.

So all in all, it was good!
thats pretty much the first 15 minutes of every ArmA mission :D
Randy Andy

Post by Randy Andy »

Bowie just bring beer
BabylonCome

Post by BabylonCome »

Sometimes us experienced players forget that new players sometimes don't know the basics like how to bring up your compass to find which direction to move. The fun really starts when the fire fights begin as the section leader can get too involved with trying to keep their section alive to help the new players with the basics.

At the end of the day, while things are hardcore and sometimes frustrating for new players, this is out weighed by the immersion of the experience. Plus we do like to have a laugh especially as the evening progresses and the drinks are flowing.
Trixy
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Trixy »

BabylonCome wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:12 am At the end of the day, while things are hardcore and sometimes frustrating for new players, this is out weighed by the immersion of the experience.

Oh yeah, this is so true. After the rough start, and once I figured out the controls, I had a really good time that night!

BabylonCome wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:12 am...the section leader can get too involved with trying to keep their section alive to help the new players with the basics.

Totally understandable as it breaks the immersion. Suggestion though, to possibly offer up a regular Basic/Advanced courses for new incoming players as it's gaining popularity. What say ye Big Boys? :D
★Clan Mother★
Randy Andy

Post by Randy Andy »

They are always available, you have to just simply sign up
Bowie

Post by Bowie »

Randy Andy wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:59 am Bowie just bring beer
Done and a little more :D I'll pop in tonight for a play then. As I said I played a lot of invade and annex so once I remember the controls I should be alright, be prepared for "how do you change the scope?" and "why is my guy crawling like a dog with an itchy arse" and such. Looking forward to it.

Seeya later :thumbup:
Randy Andy

Post by Randy Andy »

ctrl + right click - changes sights on scope
ctrl + w/s - cycles through vertical stances

:D see you later
Trixy
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Trixy »

Nice Bowie! Go fer it son :D
★Clan Mother★
Tankie2ndrtr

Post by Tankie2ndrtr »

Bowie wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:12 pm Hiya any Arma players.

Bowie x
Hey mate,

I'm on now, and most evenings. Happy to talk you through basic gameplay ready to join in the fun with us at 20:00hrs GMT.

Game?

G
Bowie

Post by Bowie »

Tankie2ndrtr wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:43 pm Hey mate,

I'm on now, and most evenings. Happy to talk you through basic gameplay ready to join in the fun with us at 20:00hrs GMT.

Game?

G
It's gonna be about an hour till I get on I need food and the dog needs a ... walk, thanks a lot though mate.
Seeyou soon :thumbup:
Tankie2ndrtr

Post by Tankie2ndrtr »

Trial by fire!

Make sure you jump in my squad. I'll happily mentor some new blood!