Generation Zero - Warning image heavy

This forum provides an area for Images & Videos from [RIP].
KillingJoke

Generation Zero - Warning image heavy

Post by KillingJoke »

As a result of the Steam sale and some research into the state of the game (it had a rough launch), I finally decided to take the plunge and pick up Generation Zero. So far I've been thoroughly enjoying it and I thought I'd share a few images from my early steps into the 1980's Sweden where the local population have disappeared only to be replaced my murderous machines.

Tankie2ndrtr

Re: Generation Zero - Warning image heavy

Post by Tankie2ndrtr »

Good looking game that! Does it play as fluidly as it looks?

G
KillingJoke

Post by KillingJoke »

Tankie2ndrtr wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:08 am Good looking game that! Does it play as fluidly as it looks?

G
I've not encountered any load screens so far nor have I had any FPS issues. The only anomaly which I've encountered so far is when clearing buildings sometimes I'll hear a robot but I can't find it and then I'll walk past a room and it'll be there to greet me. This could simply be the case that I've failed to clear all the rooms but I'm pretty sure it's a minor spawn issue.

Beyond that no issues with it whatsoever. The best way I can describe it would be as an open world mystery adventure.

In some ways it is a bit of an early access game despite it not being labelled as such.

I was trying to dig out a review posted by a former Royal Marine Commando, as his review is what sold me on it, and he put across that the game plays best when you try and approach it from a more cautious, survival aspect (arguably as the game is intended) and I have stuck with this approach. I've found it to be an incredibly fulfilling experience when you reconnoitre the area, approach with caution and try to minimise your foot print in order to avoid attention.

I'll try get some more screenshots up in the coming week.
Dale

Post by Dale »

That does look cool !
Tankie2ndrtr

Post by Tankie2ndrtr »

The "seemless COOP" that's online I take it?

Thinking about getting it, but don't know anyone else with it! :)