Flight Sims: Discussion Thread

BabylonCome

Re: Flight Sims: Discussion Thread

Post by BabylonCome »

I don't intend to use the 3 throttle as throttles... I'm thinking black one is for under carriage, blue is flaps and not sure what to use the red one for yet. The switches on the front will be for nav lights/collision lights and anything else that might come to hand, maybe autopilot?

The rudder peddle have breaks on them too, so I shouldn't need to hardly touch my keyboard and all this still works out over £100 cheaper than that bloody expensive stick that Jah uses. :D
AacAac

Post by AacAac »

You still need the peddles even with the hog. So it a serious investment
BabylonCome

Post by BabylonCome »

Going through some boxes yesterday I found my crib notes for my dcs setup, so will be easier to remember how to use mavericks. Will post up the required order of presses soon for all to note for when we start shooting things soon. Although we all need to learn how to use the camera and setting and reading spi's first.
BabylonCome

Post by BabylonCome »

BabylonCome wrote:I've just ordered these...

:D :D :D

Should be here next Friday if not sooner..
My new toys came today, has taken a few hours to get set-up and working in DCS although I can't get them working exactly as I wanted. The peddles are fine (although foot breaks where the wrong way around at first - off to break on to release) but I couldn't get the flaps and gear to work on the levers as I wanted, so have done a workaround until I can get the Sietek software to 'cheat' the game into thinking I am pressing buttons when moving the levers.
AacAac

Post by AacAac »

Had the same with mine :-)
BabylonCome

Post by BabylonCome »

Done, added 2x TF-51D's and 2x F15C's

Server should be up about 1900zulu
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

It's been a long time, I'm up for flying :thumbup:
BabylonCome

Post by BabylonCome »

I'm stuck on a ship until Fri, so no go from me and thus my server is not available.
AacAac

Post by AacAac »

This looks quite cool for MP missions
http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=121145
BabylonCome

Post by BabylonCome »

Nice, I think we need a session next week, to keep our flying hours up and all..
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

I just bought the f-15c and I am definitely up for flying around in it, it's so nimble and fast unlike the A-10 I'm used to :scared-shocked:
BabylonCome

Post by BabylonCome »

We should plan a Xmas flight over the holiday period, need to keep our flying hours up....

Those interested post up what DCS plan you want to take up and I will ensure the mission has enough of everything..

Any idea's on a date?
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

A-10c / F-15 / SU-25T / P-51 / Huey :thumbup:
BabylonCome

Post by BabylonCome »

I was thinking just flying and formations, been too long to start jumping in and shooting things...

So for me;

A-10
P-51
Huey
F15 - although never flown before...

Date, next weekend sometime, which is between xmas and nye...
Fisty_McMuffin

Post by Fisty_McMuffin »

Right I'm in the process of downloading DCS:World and I purchased Flaming Cliffs 3, which includes:

F-15C, A-10A, Su-27, Su-33, MiG-29A, MiG-29S and Su-25.

Do I need anything else?

Will my Thrustmaster Hotas T Flightstick be adequate for it?

Can I have some flying lessons please? :whistle: :D
BabylonCome

Post by BabylonCome »

Jah is the only one of use using the stupid expensive stick, the rest of us are all using the Thrustmaster HOTAS and apart from there being a lack of buttons on it, it is totally possible to enjoy the sim with that stick.

The big pain in the arse with DCS is that you can't go into the options while flying, so setting up buttons on the stick and getting the curves right is a total pain - as you have to exit to the main menu, change your options and re-enter the game. So best to set up a basic mission on your own where you start with engines going on the runway first, easier to get everything right first.

Will be easier to have lessons from someone with the same jets as you too.....
Fisty_McMuffin

Post by Fisty_McMuffin »

Righto, any takers?
Fisty_McMuffin

Post by Fisty_McMuffin »

BabylonCome wrote:Will be easier to have lessons from someone with the same jets as you too.....
Which one(s) do I need?
BabylonCome

Post by BabylonCome »

I have:

F-15C - but never flown it yet
A-10C - main aircraft with fully clickable cockpit
P51-D - fully clickable cockpit
HUEY - fully clickable cockpit
P51-S - free version everyone gets - not flown
SU-25 - free version everyone gets - not flown

I guess the A-10's are similar speed etc, so take off and landing could be taught, as I said I have not set-up/flown the F15 yet.
Fisty_McMuffin

Post by Fisty_McMuffin »

I believe all of those except the Huey are included with the FLaming CLiffs 3 DLC, which I'm currently downloading. I'll get the huey too. When you say "fully clickable cockpit" does that mean you use your mouse to click on the switches on screen?