Flight Sims: Discussion Thread

AacAac

Re: Flight Sims: Discussion Thread

Post by AacAac »

Just upgraded to 1.24. Gaming time us now short supply but would like to fly again. Need to learn the ropes again but am up for some air to ground.
BabylonCome

Post by BabylonCome »

Will somehow try and get DCS updated, seems stupid to be concerned about a 1Gb update when even on my hillbillie broadband in Wales this would only take 30mins. While here in Scotland this is 4 to 6 hours..... However, I'm really missing our little flights...
AacAac

Post by AacAac »

What are you trying to say babs, I just said I had done the update. Though I did it the hard way by downloading the 5 gb full install so I could use my torrent Clint on my server. :-). Just need try and remember how to fly the dam thing.
BabylonCome

Post by BabylonCome »

Not you - ME - I have a poxy 1Gb update which takes forever with this stone age broadband up here in the wilds of jockland.....
BabylonCome

Post by BabylonCome »

:thumbup: I'm fully up to date again.... yippee...
BabylonCome

Post by BabylonCome »

If I'm on, grab me as I keep forgetting its a Wednesday... :D
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

Im up for that :thumbup:
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

Need to see if we can get Outlander involved, he used to host anyway
BabylonCome

Post by BabylonCome »

I've just bought the Huey.... many hours of learning to come I guess....

I was tempted to get "Combined Arms" as it's only $11.99, really fancy some tank battles... Maybe next time...
BabylonCome

Post by BabylonCome »

Well I've had my first few flights in the Huey, first attempt didn't end so well but managed to land on the 2nd attempt, although it was on a massive runway and not a tight little heli-pad...

Start up is easy enough but getting and keeping a hover is pretty bloody hard....
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

Once I get some money I shall join you, always wanted to fly a helicopter on DCS plus the fire power that the Huey has.... :crazy:
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

Getting money, I shall buy it soon :D

Edit - every time I try to go to cart I get logged out, so I log back in and it takes me to the home page... :evil:

Edit Edit - Seemed to be a problem with the browser, should work with a different one. :D
Last edited by Daniel on Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

I have it! and I thought I'd get CA at the same time... :)
BabylonCome

Post by BabylonCome »

Might not look like much but this was one of the hardest things I've ever done in any computer game and was soooooooo chuffed I made it down on first attempt..... (although it took about 15 mins of very near misses and an amazing amount of concentration)

Mike85

Post by Mike85 »

Enjoyed watching them, up to his usual standards

missions looks like it worth a try aswell
BabylonCome

Post by BabylonCome »

I've just ordered these...

:D :D :D

Should be here next Friday if not sooner..
BabylonCome

Post by BabylonCome »

UK Skins for A10c

I'm not sure if we all have to download these and select or I can force it in the mission file, but I've downloaded these to try out..

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/442130/

BlueDragon

Post by BlueDragon »

well i still have skin files i started working for you guys few years back, i'm sure you can use them in mp
BabylonCome

Post by BabylonCome »

BlueDragon wrote:well i still have skin files i started working for you guys few years back, i'm sure you can use them in mp
We could definitely do with a custom skin with the Razorback logo on the tail.. need to get that sorted..
BabylonCome

Post by BabylonCome »

I agree, thinking the wild boar rather than the normal rip logo, that can go on the side by the cockpit. I also like the 11 sqd colour scheme from the UK pack above, would look better than the light grey default.