Flight Sims: Discussion Thread

welshterrorist
Captain
Captain

Re: Flight Sims: Discussion Thread

Post by welshterrorist »

not sure but i think this flight sim is free anyone played it >?? http://lp.vertitechnologygroup.com/ffs/ ... &creaid=53
AacAac

Post by AacAac »

Remember SU25T is a CAS only aircraft like the A10 so don't think you are going to take on the F15 unless you get very lucky. :grin:
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

Yea Jah, I think I figured that out.:think: I was watching all the tutorials last night after you left. I just need some practise now. :|
BabylonCome

Post by BabylonCome »

NICE...
AacAac

Post by AacAac »

Amen to that
Mike85

Post by Mike85 »

Now that would make a good module :-)
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

Yes it works with TrackerIR, and the main body of the game is free with only the SU-25T as a medium sim. :)
BlueDragon

Post by BlueDragon »

lol, nice one
BabylonCome

Post by BabylonCome »

Well after a little help from Jahman, I managed to eventually take off (but I am finding it very hard to keep the jet straight) did a little flight and successfully landed with no damage. Although nobody was there to witness it..

Really hard to use Xbox controller though, as very small movements of the sticks are required, so gonna have to play about with the settings for about 4 years until I get it right...

I'm sure I will be back for more...
BabylonCome

Post by BabylonCome »

Today I tried using my basic joystick rather than using the xbox controller and things were much easier (although still not perfect). Jah and I flew a few simple missions including a nice synchronised landing with us both touching down more or less at the same time one behind the other (in fog). Need to sort out some drifting issues with my stick (make bigger dead zones) and then need to start learning the weapon systems.

I'll be ready for some missions before you know it...

Cheers to Jah for help and tuition... :thumbup:
BabylonCome

Post by BabylonCome »

Nice one Jah - INFORMATION OVERLOAD!!!!!!!

A serious amount to learn...
BabylonCome

Post by BabylonCome »

Was good fun and very educational...

I also learned where the air brakes are after discovering that was a short runway... (failed 1st landing - over shot). Still not got comms working yet, need to discover that one... Was very pleased with myself for shutting down and then restarting without a check list... :dance:

Also got my joystick working well (increased dead zones) and managed near level flying. Was impressed when I was point and looked over my left shoulder to see Jah within 10m just behind me... nice flying there bud...
magicoi
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by magicoi »

Im going to get my a10 set up and join you asap!

sounds fun!
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

There is an extra challenge when flight lead sets a speed for the A-10's in mph and the SU-25T's speed is measured in kmph, you can only go of visuals because you also cant use the power percent thing because there isn't one :( However, level flying isn't too bad, only problem is when I finally closed in at the end of the straight, we started banking again :)
BlueDragon

Post by BlueDragon »

i miss my joystick...R.I.P. my loved saitek :(
magicoi
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by magicoi »

I hae an x52 so is this easy to set up?
BabylonCome

Post by BabylonCome »

My stick only has 6 buttons plus a trigger and a HAT. So for now I have not set any buttons on the stick although I know missile launch and countermeasures will take up 2 of them. I basically have to learn the keyboard buttons for most things and the rest is using the mouse to actually switch things in the cockpit. There are a hell of a lot of multipliers, meaning shift plus HAT up does something, while CTRL plus HAT up does something else, so the 2 buttons on the base will become these (which can be short press or long press).

It all sounds very complicated and to be honest, it is. However, I have just started with the basics. Turning the jet on, taxi, take off, basic flight and landing for now. Then I am going to learn navigation and comms and then finally weapons systems. If you know how to fly and land from previous flight sims this makes it a lot easier but there are still many hours of learning to go...

Even just flying in formation in a pattern around the airfield is extremely rewarding and good fun...
magicoi
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by magicoi »

Installing base A10 now, then DCS world which is downloading.
magicoi
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by magicoi »

JahManRed wrote:No, just download this profile for your stick and follow the instructions. Simples :D
http://files.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/250465/
PAGE NOT FOUND :(
magicoi
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by magicoi »

Nice price,

I've put my dad onto this as he likes sims so he could join us for some flight perhaps! :)