Squad Server Seeding Rule Update - Re: Emplacements

falcon.3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Squad Server Seeding Rule Update - Re: Emplacements

Post by falcon.3 »

Seeding Rules Updates

We are making some changes to our seeding rules in an effort to make the time people spend seeding our server more enjoyable.

Starting today, we will allow the building of non-offensive emplacements (sandbags, hesco's, etc) for the use of making entertaining structures. These structures should be placed on your side of the map and
not be used to block access to any Cap Zone.

Offensive emplacements (with shooty things in it, e.g. HMG, Mortar, TOW ...) are not permitted.

In order to not have any strategical benefits from these emplacements the next map should be loaded at the discretion of any admin.

Thanks to all the RIP members and public players on our server that spend the effort and time to seed our servers. It is due to your efforts our server remains active and highly ranked within the Squad community. We hope this helps your efforts! <3

Signing off,
Squad Command Group
Wilhem
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Re: Squad Server Seeding Rule Update - Re: Emplacements

Post by Wilhem »

Can you clarify please not to be put to block access. Originally rule was changed because we had issue with sniper towers and superfobs built next to the cap zone and gave unfair advantage to one side. Technically it is not blocked access but it is overwhelmingly one sided if one side does it. Also some of factions are unable to build it at all. I get that we can allow to build next to nothing for fun but next to cap zone and snipe off on tower whoever peaks is not a good idea in my opinion. Also do not build for when it goes live rule needs to be clarified. When does it means it is building for when server goes live? Superfob before anyone joins server can be the same thing as additional wall ready to be built as soon as server is populated.
★PL Gunner's Gladiators★SRO★
falcon.3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by falcon.3 »

The intention is that once the server has enough people, you are allowed to end the round and go live on next map start. Anything that has been built for fun or benefit is then not relevant anymore.

The rules clarifies that structures can be built for entertainment purposes. Though I assume the sniper tower is very fun for the sniper, it is not considered entertainment in my book as it is clear the intent here is to gain the upper hand.

As always, there is an amount of interpretation to the rules, but I am sure everyone is clever enough to understand the difference between a Super FOB and a tower of sandbags.

Whenever someone does not follow the rules, stay respectful and explain to them why the rule is there.
ALBUNDY

Post by ALBUNDY »

Wilhem wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 2:11 pm Can you clarify please not to be put to block access. Originally rule was changed because we had issue with sniper towers and superfobs built next to the cap zone and gave unfair advantage to one side. Technically it is not blocked access but it is overwhelmingly one sided if one side does it. Also some of factions are unable to build it at all. I get that we can allow to build next to nothing for fun but next to cap zone and snipe off on tower whoever peaks is not a good idea in my opinion. Also do not build for when it goes live rule needs to be clarified. When does it means it is building for when server goes live? Superfob before anyone joins server can be the same thing as additional wall ready to be built as soon as server is populated.
BB for example has lots of building during their seed and they still are one of the most popular Squad servers, and lately during seeding people have been building all the time and it didnt stop the server from becoming populated and live. Super FOBs are not a big deal either because they almost never work, all it takes is a little organization. This gives people during seeding something to do while waiting for the server to go live, it doesnt impact anything. All factions can build, what do you mean? You cant build on the cap zone in seeding mode anyway.
taak
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by taak »

ALBUNDY wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:11 pm BB for example has lots of building during their seed and they still are one of the most popular Squad servers, and lately during seeding people have been building all the time and it dint stop the server from becoming populated and live. Super FOBs are not a big deal either because they almost never work, all it takes is a little organization. This gives people during seeding something to do while waiting for the server to go live, it doesn't impact anything. All factions can build, what do you mean? You cant build on the cap zone in seeding mode anyway.
Exactly, BB seed has been the most fun I've had seeding ever. We built 6 towers on top of the hill and we all took HAT kits and started spamming the village. Once we had the enemies attention, we started getting obliterated by GLs and MGs. I'm pretty sure the freedom during seed is what makes them more popular and fill up faster.

Isn't the "not building emplacements superfluous" since emplacements aren't available in seeding layers anyway? Regarding superfluous rules, when will the no vehicles during seeding rule be removed as well?
BearBison
Clan Founder
Clan Founder

Post by BearBison »

taak wrote:Isn't the "not building emplacements superfluous" since emplacements aren't available in seeding layers anyway? Regarding superfluous rules, when will the no vehicles during seeding rule be removed as well?
Not really on either count as not many seed layers and skirmish gets used a good few times