Combat engineer in CROWS MRAP

Fattyshow

Combat engineer in CROWS MRAP

Post by Fattyshow »

So today I noticed a combat engineer who was one-manning a CROWS MRAP on Belaya RAAS v2, this map has no heavy armor so the CROWS is the heaviest armor available.
The CROWS MRAP does not require a crewman kit to be used so it can perfectly be one-manned.
But the combat engineer role is limited to just 2 per team.

Although 'engineer' sounds like a great role to have in a vehicle it seems like a complete waste, this role should have been hunting FOBs with his squad or placing mines but not at the driving seat and gun of a vehicle.

Maybe it's an idea to not allow unique roles like sapper/combat engineer/heavy AT to use armor on a map?
Wellion

Re: Combat engineer in CROWS MRAP

Post by Wellion »

Noting personal

But are we making rules for everything nowdays?

Sent from my MAR-LX1B using Tapatalk

CaZ
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by CaZ »

Fattyshow wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:17 pm So today I noticed a combat engineer who was one-manning a CROWS MRAP on Belaya RAAS v2, this map has no heavy armor so the CROWS is the heaviest armor available.
The CROWS MRAP does not require a crewman kit to be used so it can perfectly be one-manned.
But the combat engineer role is limited to just 2 per team.

Although 'engineer' sounds like a great role to have in a vehicle it seems like a complete waste, this role should have been hunting FOBs with his squad or placing mines but not at the driving seat and gun of a vehicle.

Maybe it's an idea to not allow unique roles like sapper/combat engineer/heavy AT to use armor on a map?
I usually try diplomacy and ask the SL if he can order the guy to change his specialized kit if he's not using it. Something like - hey there can only be 2 engineers in the entire team and your guy is sitting in a crow not using the kit. Can you order him to change please we need the kit.

Sometimes works, sometimes doesn't. But it's a very rare occurrence to have a rule for I think.
Alan

Post by Alan »

I think that's down the the squad leader, he can solve it instantly if the guy won't switch kits. And at worst case scenario we have a rule for not wasting assets that you can use to threaten a kick. I had the case SL'ing last night where my HAT kit was on the mortar. I asked him to get off and rejoin and he did, but it took me 5 minutes to realize it.
Jupiter Brown

Post by Jupiter Brown »

Alan wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:10 am I think that's down the squad leader
I agree with this.

On a public game or server, you are never going to get run a team with 100% efficiency or 100% of individuals playing their role. Even if you do get a message over the person's SL, then it'll be very much a case of leading a horse to water, but not being able to make it drink.

But, I get where you're coming from. If a round is not going well, or it's a close-fought round, then things like that make the difference or cause frustration.
GrumpyFox

Post by GrumpyFox »

MRAP/Any other vehicle that carries ammo + Engineer is known tactic

With vehicle that said Engineer doesn't need rifleman to refill mines.
You get where I'm going with this?
Good.
Everyone like mines, except your enemies

Why are we even discussing such minor thing?

Also does it matter if he used MRAP crow or normal one there?
You literally have 6 MRAPS vs BMP1 which doesn't care which one you use unless its TOW one.

I don't see it as problem at all.

Notify me tho if someone uses Striker as engineer to mine roads tho.
I'll get my pitchfork ready

If guy is using vehicle and isn't mining roads then yea call it out if he does his job then it's fine
Trixy
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Trixy »

Seems to me, that would come down to the SL. I mean, really, it's not a match, it's a public server.

Maybe a kindly suggestion from RIPpers in my mind, but a server rule? A bit overboard on the admin, don't ya think?
★Clan Mother★
Eazy
Captain
Captain

Post by Eazy »

Couldn't be practically admined. We have to balance out our admins (who are pretty much everyone in RIP) enjoying their game time and admining the server. Our rules should discourage things that harm the game play of everyone but not include things that annoy us.
★Initial Training Group CO★
Lexhy

Post by Lexhy »

This doesn't seem like a problem to me neither

Seems like the common consensus is no admin meddling for these kind of cases, I agree to that.
Fattyshow

Post by Fattyshow »

Usually this is no problem indeed but there are certain maps that have no armor, only light armor like MRAP's and BRDM-2's.
These vehicles are then the only mobile .50 cal guns you can take and as a guy who plays armor regularly it is kind of frustrating to see the best vehicle on that map being used by a sapper. This person was not placing mines either, just a waste of the sapper kit.

I guess it's indeed too much to make rules about that.
Lexhy

Post by Lexhy »

Gotta allow players to play suboptimal
StunmaN19

Post by StunmaN19 »

It's just a common strat to use eng+mrap.