Server 2 skirmish

Grumps82

Re: Server 2 skirmish

Post by Grumps82 »

Thanks for everyone's efforts this week with the admins side. Server has been banging every evening.

But yeah, something isn't right with the map rotation. Probably bugged or something
Azp3n

Post by Azp3n »

I’ll check it tonight!
BearBison
Clan Founder
Clan Founder

Post by BearBison »

To give you an idea of how the server maps and rotation is working, the below details the maps used from logs between the 1st - 7th July.

03/07/19
Spoiler:
Narva_Skirmish_v1
Albasrah_Skirmish_v2
Skorpo_Skirmish_v1
Yehorivka_Skirmish_v1
Sumari_Skirmish_v1
Kohat_Skirmish_v1
LogarValley_Skirmish_v1
Chora_Skirmish_v1
Yehorivka_Skirmish_v2
Mestia_Skirmish_v1
Albasrah_Skirmish_v1
Belaya_Skirmish_v1
Gorodok_Skirmish_v1
Kamdesh_Skirmish_v1
Kokan_Valley_Skirmish_v1
Narva_Skirmish_v1
Albasrah_Skirmish_v2
Skorpo_Skirmish_v1
Yehorivka_Skirmish_v1

04/07/19
Spoiler:
Kokan_Valley_Skirmish_v1
Narva_Skirmish_v1
Albasrah_Skirmish_v2
Skorpo_Skirmish_v1
Yehorivka_Skirmish_v1
Sumari_Skirmish_v1
Kohat_Skirmish_v1
LogarValley_Skirmish_v1
Chora_Skirmish_v1
Yehorivka_Skirmish_v2
Mestia_Skirmish_v1
Albasrah_Skirmish_v1
Belaya_Skirmish_v1
Gorodok_Skirmish_v1
Kamdesh_Skirmish_v1
Kokan_Valley_Skirmish_v1
Narva_Skirmish_v1
Albasrah_Skirmish_v2
Skorpo_Skirmish_v1
Yehorivka_Skirmish_v1
Sumari_Skirmish_v1

05/07/19
Spoiler:
Belaya_Skirmish_v1
Gorodok_Skirmish_v1
Kamdesh_Skirmish_v1
Kokan_Valley_Skirmish_v1
Narva_Skirmish_v1
Albasrah_Skirmish_v2
Skorpo_Skirmish_v1
Yehorivka_Skirmish_v1
Sumari_Skirmish_v1
Kohat_Skirmish_v1
LogarValley_Skirmish_v1
Chora_Skirmish_v1
Yehorivka_Skirmish_v2
Mestia_Skirmish_v1
Albasrah_Skirmish_v1
Belaya_Skirmish_v1
Gorodok_Skirmish_v1
Kamdesh_Skirmish_v1

06/07/19
Spoiler:
Kamdesh_Skirmish_v1
Kokan_Valley_Skirmish_v1
Narva_Skirmish_v1
Albasrah_Skirmish_v2
Skorpo_Skirmish_v1
Yehorivka_Skirmish_v1
Sumari_Skirmish_v1
Kohat_Skirmish_v1
LogarValley_Skirmish_v1
Chora_Skirmish_v1
Yehorivka_Skirmish_v2
Mestia_Skirmish_v1
Albasrah_Skirmish_v1
Belaya_Skirmish_v1
Gorodok_Skirmish_v1
Kamdesh_Skirmish_v1
Kokan_Valley_Skirmish_v1
Narva_Skirmish_v1
Albasrah_Skirmish_v2
Skorpo_Skirmish_v1
Yehorivka_Skirmish_v1
Sumari_Skirmish_v1
Kohat_Skirmish_v1

07/07/19
Spoiler:
Skorpo_Skirmish_v1
Yehorivka_Skirmish_v1
Sumari_Skirmish_v1
Kohat_Skirmish_v1
LogarValley_Skirmish_v1
Chora_Skirmish_v1
Yehorivka_Skirmish_v2
Mestia_Skirmish_v1
Albasrah_Skirmish_v1
Belaya_Skirmish_v1
Gorodok_Skirmish_v1
Kamdesh_Skirmish_v1
Kokan_Valley_Skirmish_v1
Narva_Skirmish_v1
Albasrah_Skirmish_v2
Skorpo_Skirmish_v1
Yehorivka_Skirmish_v1
Sumari_Skirmish_v1
Kohat_Skirmish_v1
LogarValley_Skirmish_v1
Chora_Skirmish_v1
Yehorivka_Skirmish_v2
Mestia_Skirmish_v1
Albasrah_Skirmish_v1
Belaya_Skirmish_v1
Gorodok_Skirmish_v1
Kamdesh_Skirmish_v1
Kokan_Valley_Skirmish_v1
Narva_Skirmish_v1
Albasrah_Skirmish_v2
Skorpo_Skirmish_v1
Yehorivka_Skirmish_v1
Sumari_Skirmish_v1
Kohat_Skirmish_v1
LogarValley_Skirmish_v1
Chora_Skirmish_v1
Yehorivka_Skirmish_v2
Mestia_Skirmish_v1
Albasrah_Skirmish_v1
Hollenfeuer

Post by Hollenfeuer »

Hey guys, thanks for the feedback on the rotation. Turns out that it was nothing more than a couple of typos in the rotation list that was causing the maps not to be played. This has now been fixed & server rotation updated to include ALL skirmish layers. This will work upon server restart (So either 1st thing tomorrow or in the event of a server crash & restart). Please keep the feedback coming
baxter

Post by baxter »

Class! cheers again for the effort in getting that sorted! Simple error simple fix!

See you on the battlefield!
Grumps82

Post by Grumps82 »

This week has been another busy week for the server. Thank you to all involved in helping to seed & admin the server.

All in all i think most people have been well behaved and there hasn't been too many issues. The best one is where people get kicked for swearing, that gets me laughing every time :D .

Moving forward i don't think there is much we need to do really, just keep people engaged on the server, keep the Squad forum post bumped every now and again and keep people coming back for more.

I suppose maybe the hardest thing about the server is the seeding side. No one will see it if its empty, somehow we need to try and get it populated throughout the day, maybe that's our next target ? To try and get the server seeded earlier during the week and earlier again on the weekends.

I suppose if there was one thing on my wish list for Squad, it would be that skirmish gets a bit of love from the devs. Maybe a couple of skirmish layers for each map perhaps. Having a few different versions for each map would be great...... if only hey.

Apart from that its been great. Lots of people enjoying the server, more people joining the small steam community and ive heard a lot of people say they prefer the infantry side skirmish brings. So thanks again RIP for hosting the server.

#keepskirmishalive
Grumps82

Post by Grumps82 »

Hello again.

Popping by to say a big thank you to all involved in keeping the Skirmish server alive and kicking. I think we can all see it has proved very very popular since we all resurrected it back in early June.

We have seen many returning faces into the server and started a small but growing community on the unofficial discord ive made (Shameless plug and link here : https://discord.gg/nEj27JF ).

Also we are in talks with the Devs about possible new layers, ticket count, Staging times and some other bits an pieces, this is all thans to the guys at RIP and of course the community that plays on the server.

So, thanks again. Join the discord and join RIP and get involved.

:clap: :thumbup:
Planetgong
Captain
Captain

Post by Planetgong »

Grumps82 wrote:... and join RIP......
What's holding you off?
stu_co

Post by stu_co »

Planetgong wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:27 am What's holding you off?
Indeed! It's a good question :)
Grumps82

Post by Grumps82 »

Hahaha.

To be brutally honest im done with the whole clan thing. I was with the RedCoats and left on good terms and once i left them i vowed never to do it again. Not for any real reason to be honest, i just dont have any desire to do it :)
CaZ
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by CaZ »

There's been a suggestion from the public players on Server 2 to remove the automatic broadcasts for RIP vs the World.
Especially the yellow one that occurs several time on a Friday night.

Most RIPs play on Server 1 on Friday's but we plan to arrange a RIP vs the World on Server 2 for the future, it would however be nice to not bug the Server 2 players about it and give them false expectations every time.

Can this be arranged?
@BearBison
@Planetgong
Azp3n

Post by Azp3n »

The RIP v World is a clan event and goes through alot of games where it’s possible.
The same rules applies on server 2 during fridays. If a couple of RIP members play on that server, they are allowed to stack on side to play together, eventhough it’s not a full RIP side. We are not allowed to do so any other day, so thats why we have it on both servers.

The message isn’t that bothering and will stay where it is so there’s no discussions about it when we join during friday and start stacking.

The message stays.
Trixy
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Trixy »

Grumps82 wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:37 pm To be brutally honest im done with the whole clan thing.

We are not your typical clan, Grumps. We are a community but more like a family. We do not recruit based on gameplay skill but rather based on an applicants maturity, decency and respect. And although we do participate in external clan matches, our focus is on fun and teamwork rather than winning or being the "best". We provide a place for everyone...from the casual gamer to the hardcore fanatic. Also with RIP, real life comes first and foremost. We are called "Rusty In Places" for good reason and we are proud of that.

With the love and dedication you've shown us, we'd love to have you onboard! :clap:
★Clan Mother★