Server 2 skirmish

baxter

Server 2 skirmish

Post by baxter »

Sup RIP! The rumour mill is churning and ive heard the server is being closed on sunday. Is this true? If so why? Is it to do with finance because i and a few others would be more than happy to help out. I love the server and the layers and im gutted its being closed!
BearBison
Clan Founder
Clan Founder

Re: Server 2 skirmish

Post by BearBison »

Glad to see that a few people love the server with the skirmish layers, unfortunately it is true that we will be closing down the server on Sunday.

The reason for closure is not due to lack of funds but rather OWI changing the rules for license holders, with the new licenses required from the 1st July.

The rule that is going to cause us issues for this server is
1.3 - Licensed servers must have enough active admins to properly run the server to maintain the integrity of the community and the server itself. A minimum requires 10 per server instance. Admins needs to be presented in the vast majority of the time during populated hours. Failing to adhere to this will result in a revoked license. [UPDATED 16 June 2019]

Since although we have more than enough members with some form of admin to meet the requirement, not that many play on this server so we couldn't meet the section covering the majority of time.
baxter

Post by baxter »

Good old OWI, always contributing new rules for the ‘better’ of the community./s

10 active admins is just ridiculous.

I know you guys have a big player base, but is there any sort of an option for volunteer admins to help out? Myself and my buddy grumps have been fairly active in the sever and are both long term players of squad with admin experience.

Or would it need to be some sort of recruitment procedure involved?

Thanks for getting back to me also and explaining the situation.

Its just gutting for us weve built a real good friend base in that server we even set up a little group chat to let a load of guys know were seeding. Its just unfortunate that we finally found the perfect server and the squad devs are basically taking it away from the community.
wintski
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Post by wintski »

Out of our hands matey, its the only reason we have to close it.

You could all join [RIP] :lol:
Megahurtz

Post by Megahurtz »

Just bought Squad on recommendation of Grumps over on OcUK and sad to see this server closing :(

Was great fun for real boots on the group infantry style fighting and took me back to the glory days of BF2!

Applied to join [RIP] in hope I can get more into the game and maybe even revive the Skirmish server! :)
Grumps82

Post by Grumps82 »

Good morning gents.

I have been very active on the skirmish server over the last couple of weeks, ive got together a small group of people (31 so far) who really really enjoy playing your skirmish server. This group is only a week old and i know that given time it will be even bigger.

Is there anything we can do to keep the server alive ? Ive been sat in the server every evening seeding the server, ensuring that seeding rules are applied. We have had so many great games on your server, its the only skirmish server currently in the game, it offers something completely unique for squad players.

As for me, you may or may not know me from the RedCoats :"[RedCoats_Grumpy". After 1000 hours or so on squad ive had enough of vehicles and much prefer the boots on the ground combat like many many others do.

What can we do gents ? Im desperate to keep the server going, we have a good group of people that play on it regularly and the bravado and banter in the server is great. There has been so many good games it would be a shame to let the only skirmish server in squad die. Please gents.

Any suggestions ? :-(
Blackmail

Post by Blackmail »

I am a very huge fan of the server, but I can only play squad once every two weeks or so during busy working sessions. At the moment we simply lack the numbers of admins to go on server 2, as not everyone wants to just play skirmish maps.

Server 2 with its current state was sadly not that appealing to the majority of our squad players :(
Wilhem
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by Wilhem »

What if we find 10 admins within RIP squadies that are willing to play and be active on server? Is it possible to open it again. I will become full member soon and hopefuly junior admin too. I am willing to be active on server and admin it when is needed.
★PL Gunner's Gladiators★SRO★
Azp3n

Post by Azp3n »

The old RedCoats Grumpy? Wow, I Remember you since way back mate!

Im very happy to see this and i played on the server myself yesterday and enjoyed it big time! I am not completely sure what we can do, and it’s up to the higher ups in the clan if we maybe can re-Apply for the license? We just need a couple of admins on that. Tbf, Im sick of vehicles atm and i could play on server 2 and admin it.
It’s weird, because half of the servers on the list should be gone, because the majority never admin.
Grumps82

Post by Grumps82 »

Hehe yeah its me matey. Good to see you pal.

Absolutely agree, i mean having 10 admins on at once, is this 100% what needs to happen ? Like you said, half of the servers shouldn't be in the list due to poor administration or whatever.

Im so pleased you guys are listening in here, in my steam group and in the server. Its really refreshing to see and kudos to you all.

Now lets work together and see what we can do.

#keepskirmishalive
BearBison
Clan Founder
Clan Founder

Post by BearBison »

Wilhem wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:54 am What if we find 10 admins within RIP squadies that are willing to play and be active on server? Is it possible to open it again.

If we can get a minimum of one admin per night on during our core hours, ~19:00-22:00 then I can easily re-apply and get it back running (we have the capacity). The problem has been that since it got switched and was getting used most night we didn't have a single admin on the server when it was running.

For those asking about the rules for license, you can see them in the OWI forum at http://forums.joinsquad.com/topic/7849- ... guidelines

Grumps82 wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:34 am i mean having 10 admins on at once, is this 100% what needs to happen ?

Nope just needs an admin on during core hours for the server, 10 is just the minimum they have deemed the number to be able to achieve this (think our admin numbers are ~200, so we are fine in that respect).

As a clan from inception, we have always been about hosting quality well admined servers (although with very high language standards) to ensure an environment that all are happy playing in.
Azp3n

Post by Azp3n »

I'll do it. Put me on admin duty server 2 Boss. Everything to keep it alive!
Wilhem
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by Wilhem »

I would like to help as much asi ha e time for squad :)
★PL Gunner's Gladiators★SRO★
Megahurtz

Post by Megahurtz »

While I may not be admin i'm great a witty put downs, maybe I can make rule breakers leave through embarresment? :pvv
Grumps82

Post by Grumps82 »

First of all, thank you very much for keeping the communities interest at heart. I have to take my hat off to you lot for expressing an interest in the current goings on.

Its been a blast today playing with random pubs, RIP members and other clan members. I think we can all agree that everyone who has been playing today has enjoyed what skirmish has to offer.

Providing the server is not empty, it fills every single day. (Im sure no one knows about it due to the "Show Empty Servers" tick box.

Thank you for taking our thoughts seriously and we look forward to what is to come. I know that you guys have to close the server later and that is completely understandable, lets hope we can get to a quick decision / recovery and get the server banging once again.

Thank you :handgestures-salute:
Azp3n

Post by Azp3n »

Thank you all for your support! We will see how this ends up, but we have taken all of your feedback into thought! Please don't be a stranger on either of our servers in the future!
RossyRaider

Post by RossyRaider »

Ive gotta say, this is some of the best fun ive had on this game in a while. Brings me back to the pre prone days, no vehicles, just pure infantry fun. Please Please Please Please find a way to keep this going.

Love you all.
Blackmail

Post by Blackmail »

quick info: We currently have a little list going where admins express interest in admining server 2. So far we found 5 admins within a day.
Fusion

Post by Fusion »

I reinstalled Squad to play on this server. I really love playing infantry only. The maps in the rotation are also good and i really enjoy playing on this server. Plz dont get rid of it.
Megahurtz

Post by Megahurtz »

Great games this evening guys!

Hopefully the skirmish sever gets brought back up soon!

I’ll jump in #1 server to try out some vanilla squad next weekend and start the learning process over again! :P