Flight Sims: Discussion Thread

BabylonCome

Flight Sims: Discussion Thread

Post by BabylonCome »

Post your hints and tips on Lock On here...
swingline43

Re: Lock On: Discussion Thread

Post by swingline43 »

I'll hold off until you test it but sounds great :thumbup:
swingline43

Post by swingline43 »

Jah,

Downloaded and works "excellent". Nice skins on the planes and defo improves the entire GFX experience!

Thanks for finding it and walking us through it :thumbup:

Cheers!
swing
swingline43

Post by swingline43 »

JahManRed wrote: Are you getting the errors when you start modman celt? We are but it seams to work anyway. The best way to run mods is to do a clean install of LOFC2 to something like c:\games\lockonflamingcliffs2 and modman to c:\modman.
Mod man doesnt like the c:\programe files(86) file extension but it seams to work. Im just wondering if the errors stop some of the tweeks from working. Looks fine to me tho.
I have worked out how to skin our own logo onto the jets. Anyone has any ideas of a logo, let me see it!
Well as we are the lock on "Mafia" something "Mafia"like......... I'll look around and see what I can find on the net.
swingline43

Post by swingline43 »

got em.
AacAac

Post by AacAac »

Cool, I need to get some more time in the air.... Arma or Lockon ..... it always a tough call.
swingline43

Post by swingline43 »

Looks great Jah :thumbup: Yeah Acc it's not one or the other, as Jah says we fly a bit until folks want to play some Arma and then we do that........it's a fantastic combination :D
swingline43

Post by swingline43 »

Happy New Year !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To the "Mafia" :wink: let's keep flying :thumbup:
AacAac

Post by AacAac »

In my opinion Track IR is the best thing since sliced bread for POV games, its a shame more don't support it. I know if I play Arma without it now I feel as if I am looking down a tunnel. It 's great in LockOn as well as you can really look around the sky and see what is going on and keep your eyes on a target.

I held back for a while due to the cost, even tried FreeTrack but if I was honest you needed to spend as much to get that working properly as it costs for the Track IR and it was not as good.

I think Track Clip Pro is a must as well to get the best from it.
AacAac

Post by AacAac »

Yes that's right its not a freebe. You get the files then to do the install you need a Key which is what you get when you pay the money. Its big as I assume it is updating all the models and textures as well as game code.

I paid about £4 for lockon and then $29 for the FC2 addon, which is in effect a new game as I understand it.

If you want to print out the manual that will probably cost you another £20 in ink and paper its that big :) .
swingline43

Post by swingline43 »

BTT,

Yeah as the guys say Track IR is the shit m8, I use it for Arma and Lockon :thumbup: Also make sure you get the mod's Jah is talking about. Hope to fly with you soon....

Cheers!
swing
BabylonCome

Post by BabylonCome »

I really must get this.....
swingline43

Post by swingline43 »

Glad you have the missions m8 as I lost them when I got my new hdd.

The Lock On Mafia fly's again !!!!!!
AacAac

Post by AacAac »

Sounds good to me will have to get the manual out again. May be worth doing some training missions just to get us all up to the same level.

Then when they build this flight model into Arma we will be ready :grin:
Mike85

Post by Mike85 »

Got it today loving the A-10 and SU-25T managed to get all the weapons systems working on both now. Took a while on the SU-25 tho lol
Mike85

Post by Mike85 »

Have watched some DCS A-10 Vids on youtube and im seriously tempted to get it, looks awesome
stickymelon

Post by stickymelon »

O M F G :scared-shocked:

Quality! What's next step? Moveable chair & cockpit? :)
BabylonCome

Re: Flight Sims: Discussion Thread

Post by BabylonCome »

I feel more Top Gun cheesies coming on... :thumbup:
AacAac

Post by AacAac »

TARS is now meant to support DCS world so have downloaded ready to try once I eventually get some game time on the computer
BabylonCome

Post by BabylonCome »

I bet that cockpit was a little smelly.... :mrgreen: