Rusty In Vietnam (Arma 3 Prairie Fire Zeus Ops)

This forum is to discuss any other games that don't have a separate forum
Andersson
Warrant Officer 2
Warrant Officer 2

Rusty In Vietnam (Arma 3 Prairie Fire Zeus Ops)

Post by Andersson »

Image Rusty In Vietnam Ever wanted the feel of being up against insurmountable odds? A fan of arma 3? Ever felt like the AI in Arma 3 is too easy and that they just turn the game into a point and shoot?
Then listen up, this friday (18/06-21) at 17:00 UTC, yours truly (me). Will be zeusing an reconnaissance op in the S.O.G prairie fire CDLC for Arma 3.
8 unlucky but brave souls that signs up, will be up against an thinking enemy which will manouver and strategically think on how best to send you all 8 feet below.

To improve the experience for all of us, mods will be used. A total mod package of around 2.5Gb will be needed, so make sure you got the time and space to install!
The following scenario, and it's required CDLC and mods are required! :)
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... airie+Fire

If this sounds like your cup of tea, sign up at the events page!
https://www.rustyinplaces.org/pages/events

Fortunate son intensifies
Last edited by Andersson on Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jupiter Brown

Re: Rusty In Vietnam (Arma 3 Prairie Fire Zeus Ops)

Post by Jupiter Brown »

I'd love to do this, but I'm away for this week! Good luck with this, and hopefully I'll catch the next one!
Andersson
Warrant Officer 2
Warrant Officer 2

Post by Andersson »

All good my man, most likely if the interest is big enough I’ll be hosting these regularly throughout the summer.
Andersson
Warrant Officer 2
Warrant Officer 2

Post by Andersson »

Awesome to see that so many people are interested! I will definately turn this into a recurring thing.
I've got an nice scenario set up, and I'm confident that it'll meet up to your expectations!

Here's a short guide on how to get ACRE2 set up.

1. Download ACRE2 + ACRE2 S.O.G Prairie Fire Compatibility on the steam workshop
2. Open up teamspeak
3. Open the Arma 3 launcher, and enable the ACRE2 and Compat. Mod
4. Launch Arma 3, and you'll get a window asking permission to set up the teamspeak files. Click accept/yes
5. Close Arma 3, and the launcher. And you're set.

Brief information about the ACRE mod, to sort out any questions that could appear when we set up.

- When starting the mission, teamspeak goes mute, and your binded key to speak on teamspeak is now instead a proximity chat inside Arma 3. (Use teamspeak button in-game to chat to the fella' next to you).
- To lower or raise your proximity voice in-game, hold Tab + use the scroll wheel on your mouse.
- Enemy AI will hear you in-game, while talking with proximity chat, and using the radio. So make sure to use a low voice while in the field.
- To use the radio, Press and Hold Caps Lock, will only work if you have a radio on you.
- To access the radio menu in-game (If you have one on you, press (Left Ctrl+Left Alt+Caps Lock)

I'll see you guys on Friday, and may the odds be in your favor

o7
Andersson
Warrant Officer 2
Warrant Officer 2

Post by Andersson »

Lovely Op, thanks for playing guys. More zeus ops will follow in the future :)
For those who are curious about what these ops look like, and who are deciding on whether or not to attend one. Take a look at OniX's footage during the Op.
:)

cloakZA

Post by cloakZA »

Gutted I had to miss this. Hopefully I can hop in on the next