Mount & Blade 2: Clan matches?

This forum is to discuss any other games that don't have a separate forum
CaZ
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Mount & Blade 2: Clan matches?

Post by CaZ »

This question is directed more towards the experienced MB players such as @blackmail etc or anyone with info.

What can we expect in terms of clan matches later on?

I tried to jump on earlier today with Unspire to see what options there are but MP is quite limited afaik. We can't host anything ourselves besides party up in 6v6.
Do we need to wait for mods, updates, rent a server or reach out to the MB2 communities for more info?

I for one would LOVE to play some competitive MB2 such as:

An internal champions tournament
6v6
10v10
30v30 sieges etc
BleakMaker
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Re: Mount & Blade 2: Clan matches?

Post by BleakMaker »

It is early access but will come for sure there is some potential for clan v clan but just not there yet.
Future is looking good though we will see..
wintski
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Post by wintski »

Not played MP yet but hell yeah big massive RIP bannered up shield walls, mmmmmmm

when ready I reckon we can.....
Unspire

Post by Unspire »

This seems very viable in the future!
Leviathan

Post by Leviathan »

Custom servers will be available at some point and unless they plan on lowering the player count from all other M&B games, 100v100 will be possible.

There are publicly accesible battles being held daily, the clan community in this game is pretty active and open.

Usually you go to the same server every week, tell them how many guys you are bringing through steam/discord and the organizing clan will divide the teams.

Server renting seems pretty far as of yet, but it will be possible.
Blackmail

Post by Blackmail »

To add to the things that Levi already stated:

Warband native offered a wide variety of different events that players participated as clans. The "standard" ones were weekly "Battles" (One life, multiple rounds) or "Sieges" where 100vs100 players was the norm.

Sometimes people organized special events like "Helms Deep" where player made maps were being used (And a ton of fun involved)

Those events, while easy to get into, did have a couple of rules. One, that immidiatly comes to mind, was the "No random" rule, which basically forced a group to stick together and appoint an officer to lead them. (This prevented lonewolfing of a single cav guy running around and ninja-couching people) But, this also increased the tension in those games when large groups clashed together.

Those battles were also aimed to be balanced in nature (like 15% of troops are allowed to be cav, etc.)

In the current stage this is not possible as custom server hosting isn`t even a thing yet. (Or even 100 vs 100)

Here is an example of such a linebattle from Native from back in the day

My personal experience comes mostly from napoleonic wars, a DLC for Warband which turned everything into Napoleonic warfare. Which resulted in tense linebattles as well :D But the rules were even more tight here: God forbid if you fired out of rank, did not followed your line or even fired while in charge.

Example can be found here:

That being said, it is entirely possible to participate in those events, even in low numbers. While there will be clans who will attend with 40+ people, a group of 5-10 can easily attend as a line or support an already existing one on a weekly basis. I do still have some connections to my old regiment and can certainly establish a line of communication there.

Furthermore, there is a very high chance that "persistence world/kingdoms" will be ported to Bannerlord. And that is a whole other bucket of activities and fun :D It transforms the game in an Open-World RPG where players can be serfs, soldiers, lords on the same map and conduct trade, warfare, a salty thievery against each other. Video again here. (All characters are players)

TMK

Post by TMK »

I played Persistent Kingdoms with Blackmail and if that comes to Bannerlord it will be sweet indeed.
Unspire

Post by Unspire »

I'm guessing we're a month or two away from this, shouldn't bee too long. Good progress being made by Taleworlds.
Blackmail

Post by Blackmail »

depends. They did say that they estimate one year of early access. So it is hard to predict when full-blown mods really come out.

That being said, nexus alone already has 300 mods or so XD

https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord