ArcheAge: Unchained

This forum is to discuss any other games that don't have a separate forum
DonPoedel

ArcheAge: Unchained

Post by DonPoedel »

Hello fellow Rippers,

Gamigo bought Trion worlds a while back and are now rereleasing ArcheAge, without all the Pay2Win items. Its a B2P and thats it, so no monthly subs. I was wondering who will be interested to play ArcheAge and maybe make a Rusty In Places guild. I would love to play with you lots and experience ArcheAge.

If you have any questions message me on discord and if you wanna join me add your name to the list.

Signup:
- Donpoedel
-
-
-
-
-

FAQ:
Spoiler:
Are you keeping the Free To Play version of ArcheAge?
Yes, both versions of ArcheAge (ArcheAge and ArcheAge: Unchained) will co-exist. New content and updates are coming in the Fall

What are the differences between ArcheAge and ArcheAge: Unchained?
Your feedback over the years encouraged us to provide a different game experience for you, our community. ArcheAge: Unchained is a new way to play the game with a different business model. We've changed entirely its monetization which was simply not possible to this great extent with the already existing ArcheAge F2P version.
In ArcheAge: Unchained there is no longer a subscription model. With a onetime purchase, you can enjoy the content as often as you want. You will be able to purchase vanity items via Credits and we will implement seasonal ArchePasses. We are focusing on fairer gameplay which is why we decided to change a few monetization features for ArcheAge: Unchained. There’ll be more information in the next couple of weeks so stay tuned!

Why didn't you change the monetization of the original ArcheAge F2P version and instead make a new game out of it?
Over the last years, we considered several ideas on how we could change the monetization system to create a more fair game experience for our community. Several changes have already been implemented in the original ArcheAge version such as the Hiram gear, the implementation of exchangeable mounts and pets for Manastorm Crystals and the Merchant’s Favor tokens in crates.
Unfortunately, our idea for ArcheAge: Unchained was not feasible for the original ArcheAge F2P version with an already existing game economy. The original ArcheAge servers will remain and we will keep two different versions of ArcheAge with different business models.
We absolutely believe that ArcheAge: Unchained is the right decision. We want to continue this adventure for several years with our great community for both versions - ArcheAge and ArcheAge Unchained.

Will I be able to transfer my items or Credits between both versions?
As ArcheAge: Unchained has a different business model, it will be implemented like a new game with a new server environment. There will be no transfer of items or characters between the already existing version and ArcheAge: Unchained. Credits can only be used where they have been bought.
In ArcheAge: Unchained everyone starts fresh! There will be no additional bonus if you switch from the F2P version. It’s all about your skills, your dedication and the decisions that you make!

What will be the price for ArcheAge: Unchained? When is the release date?
We will reveal more information in the upcoming weeks. Stay tuned!
Do I still have to get Patron Subscription?
There will be no subscription in ArcheAge: Unchained. No one can simply purchase an advantage over others. Everyone will have the same amount of Labor regeneration and a cap of 5,000 Labor Points. Housing will be available for everyone.

What about Apex?
Apex will not exist in ArcheAge Unchained.

Will there be new content alongside this release?
Both ArcheAge versions will receive a new major update this fall. They will each have the same content and updates which will include a new skillset named Swiftblade, a revamp of the siege system, a new naval arena and lots more. We are super excited about this update!

How will you handle alt accounts and multi-boxing in ArcheAge: Unchained?
There is a limit of 3 accounts per player in ArcheAge: Unchained, and multi-client usage is restricted. This account limitation is based upon the current account restrictions in place in Korea. Bypassing these restrictions can result in disciplinary action taken on the accounts in question.

When will ArcheAge: Unchained be released?
ArcheAge: Unchained will be released on September 30th!

How much will ArcheAge: Unchained cost and will it come with founder packs?
ArcheAge: Unchained comes with 3 founder packs starting 25,99 EUR/USD based on region (EU/NA).

Where can ArcheAge: Unchained be purchased?
You can obtain a founder pack at archeageunchained.trionworlds.com - All founder packs can be seen there including their content.

Will there be early access?
No - Everyone starts at the same time so that there is a fair start for everyone on September 30th.

Which version will ArcheAge: Unchained be on?
ArcheAge: Unchained starts with the update Shadows Revealed. Including the new Swiftblade skillset and much more!

ArchePass: What is that?
The ArchePass is a new system introduced in ArcheAge: Unchained which gives you the chance to obtain cosmetic items by playing the game and fulfilling daily missions. Daily missions will grant you XP to raise your tier.
The basic side of the pass gives gameplay items while the premium pass is used for the cosmetics.
While progressing through the tiers you will also be able to obtain a new currency called Diligence Coins on the basic path.

Diligence Coins can be used to unlock various items like Pets/Gliders/Housing Items. Diligence coins are only obtained via the "Basic Rewards" of the ArchePass.

Will there be a Collector's Edition?
There are 3 different Founder Packs, but there will be no additional Collector's Edition.

Will there be changes to the trading system or trade pack changes?
No - The system stays the same, but your feedback on this topic will be forwarded to the ArcheAge game team.
Will it be available on Steam?
Our intention is to release on Steam with the release date - We'll have more information about it as we get closer to the release date.

Does the crime point system change?
A new system to reduce your time spent in prison will be introduced but the crime points system is not going to be changed.

Is ArcheAge: Unchained changing the housing system? Will there be a landlock?
Everyone will have the chance to own land now but the housing zones are not going to be instanced - they will remain the same as they currently are. Additionally, there will be a landlock until the first Saturday after release (05.10) to grant everyone the chance to get their beloved housing plot.

What is going to be in the marketplace?
The marketplace will have items that are cosmetic in nature like Dye Tickets and Salon Certificates. There is not going to be any kind of lock boxes/mounts/gliders/houses e.g.

Can I transfer my items from legacy/fresh start to ArcheAge: Unchained?
No - It is not possible to transfer items or credits to ArcheAge: Unchained to guarantee the same chances for everyone.
Wilhem
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Re: ArcheAge: Unchained

Post by Wilhem »

Signup:
- Donpoedel
- Wilhem
-
-
-
-
★PL Gunner's Gladiators★SRO★
mark03
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by mark03 »

Signup:
- Donpoedel
- Wilhem
- Mark
-
-
-
Unspire

Post by Unspire »

Signup:
- Donpoedel
- Wilhem
- Mark
- Unspire (will see how things go my end)
-
-
Wilhem
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by Wilhem »

Slight update: I did play long time ago AA. And did have good guild. Last night one of ex members did contact me that they wanna start playing again together. As i wanna play with you guys too i did ask them if is possible you join too. They did say you are more than welcome. So if any of you wanna join guild i will post in here what server we are playing. Nuian side ofc.
DonPoedel

Post by DonPoedel »

What server and what is the guilds name?
Wilhem
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by Wilhem »

There is no servers yet or guilds. Game is releasing 15.10. Discord will be created before it and i will post all info here too
Wilhem
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by Wilhem »

Update: discord of my playing crew: https://discord.gg/dxc38rP

They did not decide if there is enough ppl for a guild or if we will play all together in other guild. Also if we make own guild it will be called Arise as previously it was. They did find old video from recruitment 😁

Whoever wanna join is is welcome.
Dale

Post by Dale »

Lots of pros and cons I am reading about this game. Lots of exploits have been exploited(!) which have affected the economy supposedly and people are running around in OP gear for their level because of the amount of gold they have especially in early game.

So, question is, is it worth playing?

Servers full?

Economy messed up?

Easy to get into?

Any other thoughts?
DonPoedel

Post by DonPoedel »

First of all knowledge is key and not everyone is going to give it away. Yes people exploited, but majority of the people who are high gearscore know the game and play the economy very well. Also there are raids which make money and there are only 100 spots in those. First come, first served.

So, question is, is it worth playing?
Yes, but dont expect to be #1

Servers full?
Yes there are queue on some servers

Economy messed up?
Yes for now, since everyone is saving labor and farming purses.

Easy to get into?
No, there are 200+ classes and the game doesnt explain systems very well

Any other thoughts?
Dont read reddit, because people are spreading false news and being super toxic.
Dale

Post by Dale »

Cheers for that Don.

Not aiming to be #1 lol as if I do get the game it will only be a time sink over the weekend as I work away from home during the week. So it'll be casual play for me all the way...
DonPoedel

Post by DonPoedel »

Before you buy make sure you read up on labor since that is an important feature.
Dale

Post by Dale »

DonPoedel wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:31 am Before you buy make sure you read up on labor since that is an important feature.
Got any good links / videos?
Trixy
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Trixy »

Still goin' on Don?
★Clan Mother★
DonPoedel

Post by DonPoedel »

Trixy wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:16 pm Still goin' on Don?
Nope
Wilhem
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by Wilhem »

I play casualy on Belstrom from time to time. Have old guild from Pre Unchained.