Can't hear from "behind"

This forum provides an area for Drunken, lost or just generally confused subjects.
No talk about PC games.
Rules still apply though.
Wilhem
Corporal
Corporal

Can't hear from "behind"

Post by Wilhem »

It has being since I remember. Never bothered to post here. Now it annoys me since i can't move in games when I am downed (squad)
Issue is next: for some reason i don't hear behind me in games. Like sides and front work point all good but as soon as sound goes behind me in games i hear less and less and aprox. 10° behind me i don't hear anything. I have being avoiding using vehicles in Squad for that reason. If i am driving i can hear fine but if I am on gun and person who drives is placed behind me can't hear sht... Also when I ride in logi inside i can't hear anything from back of truck... It is not just squad. In all games is same so i guess it is windows issue.
Haarfagr
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Can't hear from "behind"

Post by Haarfagr »

Kind of hard to know without you telling us anything about what you use to hear the audio with. Headphones, speakers? What kind etc?
Wilhem
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Wilhem »

Haarfagr wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:52 pm Kind of hard to know without you telling us anything about what you use to hear the audio with. Headphones, speakers? What kind etc?
Had cheap aliexpress headset, cheap ms headset, some hyperx wireless headset and jabra office wireless headset. Worked same on all of them.
Wilhem
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Wilhem »

Played on tv with and without sound bar too. Same thing

Using windows 7.
madfknmax
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by madfknmax »

Maybe you just can't hear very well :P
Bl4ckP4nth3r
Captain
Captain

Post by Bl4ckP4nth3r »

Make sure you turn off any virtual sound you may have. In windows to start with. ( That Dolby atmos shit eg)

Most games work perfect with stereo audio and the usage you describe should match that setup.
DonPoedel

Post by DonPoedel »

Bl4ckP4nth3r wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:21 pm Make sure you turn off any virtual sound you may have. In windows to start with. ( That Dolby atmos shit eg)

Most games work perfect with stereo audio and the usage you describe should match that setup.
Can't say this enough times, but like bl4ck said turn off surround in windows and in headphone software. No headphone can simulate surround, have yet to see a headphone with front speaker, left right, back and a subwoofer all in one earpiece.