BLUE Yeti Lead

This forum provides an area for Drunken, lost or just generally confused subjects.
No talk about PC games.
Rules still apply though.
Geoffwill
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

BLUE Yeti Lead

Post by Geoffwill »

Hey folks, i have a blue yeti and one day i came in and either me or the young lad had bent the lead right back, ever since that it hasn't worked, if i shake the lead the red light comes on but it doesn't appear in the settings. Sometimes it also makes all the other lights on my USB adapter blink. I have tried a few other leads (non blue yeti) but they don't work at all. Has anyone had any issues like this and maybe a certain type of lead works? The Real leads seem hard to come by :(

Thanks Geoff
Haarfagr
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: BLUE Yeti Lead

Post by Haarfagr »

I doubt the Yeti has a special USB lead, should just be a normal one, right? If they have made only the original one work, I would never buy anything Blue ever again :P
I have no experience with the mic itself, so don't know what else might be the issue.
Dildo McBaggins
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by Dildo McBaggins »

I don’t think it is a special cable. Any mini usb cable should work. If you have a ps4, you could try the charging cable for it. Also, to rule out any other issues. Try plugging it directly into a known working USB port on your pc tower. Not into any external USB hubs.

If it isn’t the lead. It could be the actually usb plug on the mic(Where you plug the cable into). Which could be a lose/broken solder joint. Not to hard to fix if you have used a soldering iron before on electronics. Of course this would void any warranty if you did decide to open it up.
xoF

Post by xoF »

I would start from going to device manager and uninstalling blue yeti drivers completely and connecting it again. If doesn't work then try different pc just to be sure. If then it doesn't work : warranty
Dildo McBaggins
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by Dildo McBaggins »

xoF wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:04 am I would start from going to device manager and uninstalling blue yeti drivers completely and connecting it again. If doesn't work then try different pc just to be sure. If then it doesn't work : warranty
It’s a good idea to try that. But I don’t think it’s a software issue. Because, when he jiggles or moves the cable the red light comes on. This usually indicates a hardware issue.

Also, Geoff. One more thing to check. It’s a long shot. Make sure there isnt anything inside the hole where you plug it in.
Geoffwill
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Geoffwill »

Thanks for the advice folks, as you said Dildo, I believe it’s hardware as it was working fine until the lead bent and the light flickers when I shake it now but it doesn’t appear, I seen a few other on forums that have had the same issue. Already had it apart and all the solder looks fine. Been onto warranty as well so hopefully get it sorted. Going see if I can get my hands on a ps3 controller lead as that might work apparently.