WW2 game dilemma

This forum provides an area for Drunken, lost or just generally confused subjects.
No talk about PC games.
Rules still apply though.
Lord_Hoplite

WW2 game dilemma

Post by Lord_Hoplite »

Hello, my main game is Squad but I recently went through the other RIP official games. I see there are 2 different WW2 games, "Hell Let Loose" and "Post Scriptum". I would like to know your opinion about these games, maybe even a comparison just to get a clear first impression on them. Much appreciated!
CaZ
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Re: WW2 game dilemma

Post by CaZ »

Stick to squad
WarDog
Warrant Officer 2
Warrant Officer 2

Post by WarDog »

Post Scriptum is more similar to Squad than Hell Let Loose, easier to get used to it.
★ Recruitment Officer★
xoF

Post by xoF »

Ded gaems, stick to squad :D
Planetgong
Captain
Captain

Post by Planetgong »

It boils down to the point, of what you're expecting from a game.
Since squad turned its face towards the arcady style of fps and its ass towards the backers and people who've been there in 2015, you find ps to be more like an early version of squad. It's slower paced and there is more communication within the squads (maybe because it's a very small community nowadays, where only people play who want the same playstyle).
HLL has way more eye candiness then squad and ps, but the gameplay is directed towards the COD/BF audience who wants more "hardcore" elements in their game. So far it has still a loooong way to go, as the gameplay is very repetitive atm and there are alot of assets missing. Nobody knows, if we will ever get logistics or something similar to bring more deepness in the game, but with the new update today, we'll get a new gamemode. We'll just have to wait how this pans out.
And there is near to none communication between the gamers in the game.
Nachthuiver
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Nachthuiver »

What Planet said...hits te spot. Dunno how long you ve been playing Squad, but PS is a bit oldschool Squad though it has a Commander :dance:

"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me..." - Nachthuiver, Medic extraordinaire
Salti

Post by Salti »

well all wish HLL all the best , and a lot if us waiting for it to get its act together.
PS still has a lot of elements still to be brought in , but in general you have a community that for the most part has its act together.
PS gameplay has a slowish beginning to the start of most maps...after that it can be quite intensive , quite a lot of comms needed...death comes quick , medics still having a crucial role.
Plus planet nailed it with his reply .
Commander role changes many elements of how a game pans out.
So all in all.. PS , with an eye on HLL in the future.
Geoffwill
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Geoffwill »

Hell let loose is free this weekend, see what you think yourself.